I was considering the Czech Republic as well (see my other post for Norway) for a trip this summer towards the end of July.
I don't have a great idea of where to go, so help is appreciated.
I'm interested in things like art, history, culture, castles, churches, good food, and I also like nice countryside or landscapes. Knowing that Czech Republic has many castles, I thought it might be a good choice.
I have about 10 days, and a good budget.
i was thinking:
A few days in Prague
Then, I would like to spend a few days in Bohemia. I would like to see Cesky Krumlov Where else could I go in the region? Karlovy Vary? Also what castles to visit? I was thinking I should visit Karlstejn.
After that, there would be a few more days to fill. These are the ideas I had. Please comment on which you would recommend.
i) Visit another city/region of Czech Republic. Brno? Towards Poland?
ii) Go to Austria. See Linz and Vienna. Day trip into Slovakia to Bratislava?
iii) Go to Bavaria, drive around a bit. I was thinking of visiting Nuremberg and Wurzburg.
iv) Go north from Prague, into Germany, to Dresden, and onto Berlin.
Thanks for any suggestions or comments you have,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 6 Champagne Tours
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 10 Days in Austria
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 Le Marche Research Help
- 12 Help with Venice Trip?
- 13 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 24 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 25 Favorite London memories