Czech Airlines Airbus 313?

Jan 28th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Czech Airlines Airbus 313?

I have found some flights that will get us to Italy for less than 1K, but the return flight is on Czech Airlines using Airbus 313 planes over the pond. Does anyone know anything about these planes? My little bit of research brings up questions about the age of these planes. Also does anyone know about size and quality of service? Thanks!
Jan 28th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Looks like it's an A310-300. I'm not sure whether they are being built anymore.

Czech Airlines has a description on their website, including their in-service dates (mind you, if they picked them up second-hand, they may be even older):

http://tinyurl.com/dung9

Anselm

Jan 28th, 2006, 03:56 PM

You might try flyertalk.com for more info about these planes. And just in case you didn't know, sometimes you can shave a couple of hundred dollars off your airfare to Italy by flying in and out of London, then taking a discount carrier on to Italy.
Jan 28th, 2006, 07:42 PM

The older two planes were delivered new to CSA Czech in 1991. The two newer ones rolled off the line in 1993, and had each gone through 5-6 operators before joining CSA Czech.

The A310 is the shorter (and therefore longer range) version of the A300. It was a competitor to the Boeing 767 in early twin-engine trans-Atlantic operations. Pan Am had a significant fleet of them before it sold off its routes to Delta.

There's one interior photo taken recently on airliners.net. Cabin looks very well kept, but I'm almost certain that it doesn't have individual personal screen in coach:

www.airliners.net/open.file/820754/L/
Jan 29th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

rkkwan,
Wow, you're awesome. Thanks for the info. I've gotten really weird with deciding on the flights to and from Europe. I've gotten to the point where if I am going to spend so much money this year I might as well be sure the plane is good. I know 'good' is relative. Don't get me started.