We are thinking of going to Cyprus for a week around Christmas this year, possibly from 21st to 28th December.
I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions -
1. Are the resaturants, tourist sites, shops etc likely to be open during this period?
We don't mind self-catering over the Christmas days but would like to know if the businesses will be open except those couple of days? or is it a complete shut down during that period?
2. We will rent a car. What areas would you recommend for self-catering accomodation. We don't need a resort or a spa or even a pool but would like somewhere quiet, possibly with views (mountains or sea). We don't mind driving for shops, groceries and restaurants.
3. I have been through previous posts for recommendations for sites to visit and local restaurants but a lot of them are quite old. Can anyone recommend local restaurants not to be missed?
That's all for now. I may have to come back with more questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 2 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 3 My France Vacation
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Trans Siberian Train
- 15 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Iceland driving in March
- 18 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 19 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 20 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 ICELAND in February
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 11-12 nights in Portugal