Notices

CW Lease Routeplanner

Sep 30th, 2000, 03:59 PM
Rich

CW Lease Routeplanner

I just noticed that the CW Lease Routeplanner website has a notice posted that this service will no longer be provided. It has been a valuable source of useful information for planning European driving and my preferred site.

Although I have not used Map Quest much, I also just noticed that it now has European Driving Directions. What is your preferred web source for European planning for driving trips? Rich

Sep 30th, 2000, 07:08 PM
Rex

I agree that this is a terrible loss. I have to wonder if they were leasing this service from someone else, and decided not to incur the cost anymore. It IS quite similar to www.euroshell.com - - it (euroshell) was on the fritz about 6-9 months ago, and I discovered cwlease at that time.

Mapquest is missing some crucial countries - - or it was the last time I looked (it was kinda new at the time); one other worthy alternative is www.iti.fr - - a French site, but available in multiple languages.

Best wishes,

Rex

Sep 30th, 2000, 07:20 PM
wes fowler

CW Lease has been an invaluable planning tour and will be sorely missed. Euroshell is useful when it isn't having conniptions of one sort or another and the Michelin website is equally valuable and is now, happily, a free site.

Oct 1st, 2000, 08:36 AM
Don

No big loss to me since I just got back and tried to use their detailed directions. We could not find 1/2 the places they said turn-they were not marked. It was really bad on some routes with only about 90% accuracy. We did better with a map and just following signs. Shell geostar is good too.

Search this Thread