Reload this Page >

Current Weather in Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:22 PM
Nancy

I just checked out the weather at the CNN site, it seems that come Saturday the temperature will be close to 80! I am rethinking my wardrobe now & it's already packed!! Should I expect this kind of weather for the next couple of weeks or is this a freak of nature? I realize the weather changes as it sees fit but is this normal? It wasn't that warm when I was there in 1999. <BR> <BR>We will be in Amsterdam, Germany (top to bottom) & London. I have spent the past 2 months trying to tell my husband to pack warmly because he hates cold weather ~ he saw the weather prediction & laughed at me. Now he is repacking his suitcase the "way I wanted to in the first place". <BR> <BR>Can someone comment?

Old May 22nd, 2001, 10:37 PM
Myriam

You are correct. The weather is very nice - in Belgium at least - with coming weekend temps close to 80. But we will have to wait and see what next week brings. It can change very quickly overhere and predictions for longer than one week are not reliable. Do pack a few sweaters and an umbrella!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:03 AM
clairobscur

<BR>I've no idea what kind of temperature is 80, but though the weather is fine here (Paris) it's not abnormaly hot. Not hot at all, actually.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:31 AM
Nancy

80 degrees F is 27 degrees C. I live in Florida & when it hits 70 degrees people are in shorts & the winter clothes go up. Should I unpack the heavier clothes?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:24 AM
sylvia

It's in the high 70sF in most of Britain at the moment but we've been warned that it will change at the weekend (typical bank holiday weather). I'd put the winter woollies back but bring layers, mostly lightweight stuff with a warmish waterproof jacket.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:22 AM
xxx

We were in a snowstorm in the Black Forest in June a few years ago. Better be safe than sorry!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:29 PM
Nancy

Thanks everyone for the replys. I am going to pack & assume the weather will be in the high 60's low 70's for the most part. THANKS!!

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:23 AM
Karen

Nancy <BR> <BR>It's been in the low 70's in London on and off for the past 2-3 weeks. Lots of sunshine but cooling off a little in the evenings to an average of 50 degrees. Personally, this is pretty much perfect Spring weather for me. The outlook for the weekend seems to have improved and is supposed to remain about 70 degrees and sunny.... however, it can suddenly change so be prepared. I would bring summer clothes but also bring a light jacket and some sweaters/sweatshirts, just in case the temperature drops, as it did last week.

Old May 24th, 2001, 11:11 AM
kalena

Umbrellas...should we pack umbrellas?