Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Cromwell Road, London (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cromwell-road-london-215556/)

Jill Dec 15th, 2001 01:22 PM

Cromwell Road, London

Good Hotels near here

Surlok Dec 15th, 2001 03:31 PM

Sheesh, there are so many. Gallery, Gainsborough, HI Kensington, Millenium Gloucester and Bailey, Chequers of Kensington, K&K Hotel George.<BR><BR>Beware, Cromwell Rd is a little too long..<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

JOdy Dec 15th, 2001 03:39 PM

My favorites about 2 blocks down off Brompton Road, Astor House, Number 16, #5 Sumner Place , Cranley<BR>.. hotel heaven, all prices all things to all people!

carolyn Dec 15th, 2001 04:17 PM

The Adelphi--small, charming, full breakfast and VAT included when we stayed in September 2001.

Ger Dec 15th, 2001 04:36 PM

Jill: Re Surlok's post (hello Surlok!) I have stayed in the:<BR><BR>-Gainsborough about three years ago. Fab location in small, quiet street close to the S. Ken Metro; very nice smallish hotel, rooms (then) were beautifully decorated and the cost was approx. 100 GBP per night.<BR>- Millenium Glouster just six weeks ago. Located only yeards from the Glouster Rd. Metro. Large, modern, high-end business-type hotel. Stellar service. I got a great deal of 130 GBP per night for an upgraded room that was one of the best I have every stayed in in London FOR THE PRICE. However, I believe, from experience, that this hotel and others in its category are more likely in the 200-250 GBP per night. I just lucked out because I booked late.<BR><BR>JOdy mentions #5 Sumner place (which I believe is similar to the Gainsborough). Friends have stayed there and absolutely LOVED it. <BR><BR>Regards ... Ger

Surlok Dec 15th, 2001 04:50 PM

Hello Ger,<BR><BR>The standard double rooms at both hotels, the Gloucester and Bailey's, were being offered for less than 70 pounds per night on www.londontown.com and www.lastminute.com.<BR><BR>The regular rates are about 120 to 150 pounds for the standard double rooms, the Bailey being slightly cheaper than the Gloucester. There was someone that booked the Millenium Knightsbridge, more expensive than the two mentioned above, for the nightly double rate of 64 pounds. I paid 125 pounds two years ago for a single room, and it was low season, too. However, I don't believe that these rates will last for too long..<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

JOdy Dec 15th, 2001 05:08 PM

Ger,<BR><BR>Stayed at #5 a few times but our very favorite is next door , # 3 Sumner place...Astor House..named best B and B ( really small..very..small.. hotel ) of the year this year, we love Simon and Naomi, love the garden suite, with doors into the garden with resident ducks and it is worth every extra pound to us to stay there! Stayed at least 12 times and eveyone , hosts and guests , enjoys one another. Met some fascinating people!