Search

Romantic dinner with a view--Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic dinner with a view--Budapest

Almost done....just one last request.

Anniversary Dinner...somewhere near the Castle District (staying @ Hilton). We would like to go someone with a view for our anniversary dinner but because of luggage limitations (booked Skyeurope from AMS to BUD--my bad)...so no suit/tux/tie/long dress, etc.

Can you think of a nice place where a nice skirt and sports jacket/dockers would be appropriate WITH a view? I'm guessing the Danube...but good food too!!!

Thanks for everything!!!!

Dawn
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 02:14 AM

Hi Dawn,
I'm a local here and would recommend the following places:
Spoon Café and Restaurant: this is a boat restaurant near the Chainbridge on the Pest side looking to the Buda Castle... splendid view and good food.
I think you should avoid the places in the Castle and on the River Promenade... they are VERY touristic and not necessary worth the money. If you can give up the view, here are some romantic options we love: Arcade on the Buda side, Baraka, Gerloczy and the restaurant of the Four Seasons on the Pest side. All with great food and very nice atmosphere... check them out on the web.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 04:58 AM

Another vote for Spoon. When we made the reservation I requested a table with a good view and that is exactly what we got. The meal was wonderful and watching the sun setting with the castle and chain bridge in the background was gorgeous. Just the thing for an anniversary dinner.

When you go back to the Hilton make sure you have a wander around the Fisherman's Bastion with all the crowds gone. Marvellous view, and the night we went up there was a musician playing on the very top turret and the music wafted down over the area in the still night air - very romantic.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 05:39 AM

so glad to see "spoon" recommended. we stopped ther every night on our way back to marriot ex. apts.

Old Oct 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM

My very favorite restaurant, ARANY KAVIAR-which is just down from the Hilton (maybe a 5 min. walk) from your hotel, past the Vienna Gate, and in fact was recommended to me by the Hilton concierge, (I stayed at the Marriott, but I went to the Faust wine tastings there in the ancient former monastery that comprises part of the Hilton property). You can ask the Hilton concierge, it is highly recommended, very romantic-but does not have a view. There is an emphasis on fish here, but also Russian specialities as well-lovely place and great food.
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the great recommendations.

We booked a very special anniversary dinner @ Arany Kaviar. It was tough, but that seemed to keep on jumping out at us.

Thank you all!

Dawn
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 06:11 AM

Hi,

I have heard very good opinions about this Spoon restaurant. Would you recommend this place as a good one to propose to my girlfriend? If not what romantic places would you choose?

Thx for help.
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the Hilton any good, we stopped over and got poor service and some dated decor. Still if you must you must
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM

While in Budapest, stop in at the Four Seasons Gresham's Palace by the Chain Bridge and have a drink in their lobby (I recommend their Aperol spritz, my new drink of choice). In the evening the have piano and bass and the decor is fantastic art nouveau restoration. Just sit and let the luxury and old world charm seep in.