Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Croatia to Zurich (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/croatia-to-zurich-1715652/)

kelsey22 Jun 18th, 2023 11:59 AM

Croatia to Zurich

Which airport would be the fastest and most direct to get from anywhere in Croatia to Zurich? I have looked at Rome 2 Rio and some other sites. I found a ferry from Pula to Venice and a direct flight to Zurich, but this seems like a roundabout way to get back to Zurich. I have a flight from Zurich and to change it would be too expensive. Any thoughts? I would prefer a direct flight because I have a long flight out of Zurich to Canada.

joweir Jun 18th, 2023 12:03 PM

Dubrovnik - Zurich

I think Swiss Airways and Croatia Airways both fly Dubrovnik to Zurich

kelsey22 Jun 18th, 2023 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by joweir (Post 17472552)
I think Swiss Airways and Croatia Airways both fly Dubrovnik to Zurich

Thank you. My plan was initially to start off in Dubrovnik and head north.

janisj Jun 18th, 2023 05:42 PM

"I would prefer a direct flight because I have a long flight out of Zurich to Canada."

I may be misinterpreting this but it almost sounds like you want a direct flight to Zurich the same day as the flight out to Canada. If so - that is a bad idea -- you'll want to be in Zurich the night before flying out. And if I DID misinterpret it . . . ignore my post ;)

ANUJ Jun 18th, 2023 06:12 PM

Dont know how far north you are going from Dubrovnik, but there are Zagreb-Zurich flights too.

rialtogrl Jun 18th, 2023 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by ANUJ (Post 17472663)
Dont know how far north you are going from Dubrovnik, but there are Zagreb-Zurich flights too.

Split does too.

kelsey22 Jun 19th, 2023 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by janisj (Post 17472653)
"I would prefer a direct flight because I have a long flight out of Zurich to Canada."

I may be misinterpreting this but it almost sounds like you want a direct flight to Zurich the same day as the flight out to Canada. If so - that is a bad idea -- you'll want to be in Zurich the night before flying out. And if I DID misinterpret it . . . ignore my post ;)

Hi Janisj, Nice to see your name come up in my trip planning again. As much as I like living on the edge (not :)) , I was even thinking of landing in Zurich 2 days prior. My son's house will be full, so I need to find a place in Zurich. I love Switzerland, but I would prefer to stay in Croatia (or even Italy) at least one extra day. I know these things can be complicated to arrange.

dfourh Jun 19th, 2023 11:54 AM

If you give your dates people could try to parse the best options for you.

susansweet8756 Jun 28th, 2023 11:24 AM

We started our trip to Croatia with 2 days in Zurich, then flew on Croatian airlines to Zagreb. We sort of had to do it this way flying from Denver using mileage on United/Star Alliance, but are so glad we did! It was super pleasant flying between Zurich and Zagreb, and gave us a reason to spend a full day in Zagreb, which was just enough for us before heading onward to Plitvice Lakes NP by car. Hope that helps!

neckervd Jul 9th, 2023 07:26 AM

There iare tons of trains too:
Overnight train Zagreb - Zurich,
Day trains from Zagreb with a change at Villach, Salzburg or Munich,
Bus from Rijeka, Pula, Porec, etc. to Trieste plus train Trieste - Milan- Zurich (with a train change at Venice Mestre),
Ferry Split - Ancona plus train Ancona - Milan (change) - Zurich.