Notices

Croatia/Slovenia in April

Mar 29th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Croatia/Slovenia in April

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary. We are going for 2 weeks, but I have a new concern now. Our trip is going to be a little earlier than we originally planned--we will be there at the end of April/beginning of May. We fly into Zagreb and out of Dubrovnik. My concern it that some of the places we are thinking of going will still be shut down for the winter. We haven't yet finalized our itinerary, but if any of the following areas will just be too quiet to enjoy in April/early May, please let me know and we'll modify the plan accordingly. Thanks!

-Ljubljana
-Lake Bled/Julian Alps
-Plitvice
-Rovinj/Istria
-Split/an island yet to be identified (any suggestions?)
-Dubrovnik

Thanks! And if there are especially good spots in the area for our season that I haven't mentioned, please let me know.
Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM

Spring is beautifull there and a good time to visit. island could be realy quiet in April. In Croatia the tourist season is just good two months and in April is not much to do. Cities as Dubrovnik are different story. And is much cheaper.
Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM

That is a gorgeous time to be going, actually, if you don't mind a few things closed. I think the quiet and cheaper rates more than make up for it. To me there is no such thing as too quiet but others would disagree!
Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:42 PM

Some of our restaurants will be reopening on Easter, others may not open until 01 May. The cruise ships are beginning to arrive today. However they are no longer arriving on Saturday and Sunday only, they are now spread out during the entire week. Dubrovnik is starting to come out of winter hibernation. It's the weather which will dictate if an activity is going to be available. Right now we're still getting way too much rain, everyday. Hopefully it will stop soon as my feet are starting to web....
Dobrodosli

Search this Thread