I have just over three weeks in Croatia, Slovenia and Austria, in May and was trying to create a workable itinerary. I am mainly interested in sightseeing ( pretty buildings, historical sites, old towns, ect.), have no interest in partying and was hoping to work in a spa in Slovenia or Austria, as I heard they are quite nice. I am planning to use public transportation for part of my trip, and am hoping to hire a car for the Plitvice to Ljubljana portion.
At the moment my plan is:
May 6 - 9 Dubrovnik
14-17 Rovinj (day trip to Pula)
17-21 Ljubljana (day trip to Lake Bled)
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on this itinerary, particularly as I was considering cutting a day from Ljubljana and Rovinj and adding them to Vienna or finding another interesting city in Austria that would be on the way from Ljubljana to Vienna or Vienna to Zagreb (by public transportation) that I could potentially add in.
I was also wondering if there was any way to get from Rovinj to Ljubljana with public transportation (besides going through Zagreb)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800:6817208 contact installations hp Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Car rental advice - Hertz? AutoEurope?
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Has anyone used Gemut.com for car rental?
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 9 Which Area in London?
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 20 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!