Croatia, Prague or other???

Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Croatia, Prague or other???

We are planning a trip to Europe -- want to head to London, and then out from there for 5-7 days else where. Have traveled quite extensively in Europe, so am considering a trip from London to either Prague, Croatia, Mallorca or ??? where else would you suggest.

Our criteria: warm weather (high 20?s is ideal), great city life (cafes, bars, night life), good food, a beach (if possible) and not too expensive of a city.

What would you suggest of my possibilities? Is there any place I've overlooked?

Thanks!
Feb 24th, 2004, 12:53 PM

When are you going (you want warm weather...)? Croatia or Malta sound like what you are looking for. Mallorca, also, but Croatia is a bargain.
Feb 25th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Amp. We're thinking mid-June. What is your feeling?
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:21 PM

Honestly, I've never been to Croatia or Malta, but my friends have! I've been to Prague 7 times, so I'm comfortable with that, but there is no beach there, as you had hoped. Most Europeans love Croatia, because it is so affordable. Of course, for Americans, Prague is affordable, so it is all relative ... Maybe you should check into prices from London. For instance, it is VERY cheap to fly to Prague from London. Lots of package deals, too. Weather there in June can vary, but it should be at least mild!
Feb 26th, 2004, 04:59 AM

Taia -

I don't wish to be rude - but if you want a vacation by the sea why would you ask about Prague - hundreds of miles from any ocean. I think you need to check out a map as the first step of your planning so as to be a little more focused.
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:31 AM

If you've never been to Prague, then you should definitly go. It is on the top of my List of Favorite European Cities, which is pretty extensive.
Feb 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM

I'd like to hear more about Prague. What's it like in the winter or alternatively, June?

What are the highlights of Prague?
Feb 27th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Traveller212, there are many posts about Prague on this site. You can search them for more info. If you are lucky, the winter will bring snow, and all the architecture will just be enhanced even more. June is tourist season, but it stays light out until pretty late in the evening, making evening strolls that much more beautiful. The highlights of the city, as any guidebook or traveller will tell you, are the beautiful winding streets, filled with many centuries worth of well preserved architecture, the castle, the Charles Bridge, the Old Town, etc, etc, etc. Czech it out...
Mar 4th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Hi Nytraveler,
I realize Prague does not have a beach, and stated in my post that if possible, a beach would be preferred, but it's not a must. Ideally, I want to spend 4-5 days in a city where there is much to do, see -- for young people, and a beach would just be icing on the cake.

I have heard so much about Prague, and that's why I kept it as an option.

Thanks to everyone else who has responded --- will check the postings to narrow down my search!
Mar 4th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Consider Slovenia.The people are friendly,great scenery and inexpensive.Also they have a beach.