Notices

Croatia or Bali for honeymoon?

Old May 26th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Croatia or Bali for honeymoon?

We have 2 weeks in late August/early Sept for a belated honeymoon. We are undecided about traveling to Bali or Croatia.

Has anyone been to both and which do you recommend for a honeymoon?

Thanks
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM

I am amazed that you have chosen two opposite places as destinations. It depends on what you want out of a destination. Bali is a tourist trap. Nice beaches but with sellers who hassle you, some tours which are a bit production line, mosquitos at night. Some very good all inclusive hotels.

Croatia still has it's old world charm, with countryside and picturesque towns. Some fairly good beaches (some are nudist). It depends on what you want. Bali for pampering, but Croatia is a lot more interesting by far.
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:23 AM
nbujic

2 weeks may be a bit long in Croatia; you may think about a combo with one of the following : Italy, Slovenia ,Austria, Hungary.. all not far from Croatia.

Old May 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM

In my opinion, Croatia is definitely worth two weeks. Our last trip there was 17 days and it was much too short - we could have easily added much more time. There are so many areas to explore, so much to see and do, and fabulous seafood to eat!!
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:56 AM

With 2 weeks to travel in Croatia, a tour might be the answer. I was checking out the tour company directory at tour-talk.com, and found quite a few tour comapanies that service Croatia. There is even a coastal cruise through, I think, Overseas Adventure Travel that tours all the major ports and cities of Croatia. Check out the directory at Tour-talk.com--very helpful information on tour companies!
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 01:32 AM

Without a doubt, Bali. The tourist trap, as one of the commets states was most likely Kuta. We have been to Bali twice in the last 3 years. Sanur is fantastic, UBUD is great, both totally different towns, one is beach and the other is a little more active. And then there is Candidasa, relax. Bali is definitely not a tourist trap, far from it. The prices are definitely low, they are not on the Euro and you definitely get more bank for your buck.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 05:28 AM
DAX

Jenn you have to post the same question on the Asian board if you want to get more insight about Bali. Most of us on the European board are here because we love Europe and have never been to Bali or perhaps only once so the answer will be more in favor of a European destination.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Jenn I have been to both places and for a honeymoon you can do no better than Bali. You can definitely and easily get away from the tourist-trap atmosphere of Kuta Beach. I adore Ubud, an art center inland, but there are many options in many prices ranges. There is plenty of mass market tourism in Croatia these days and August September will see the area jammed with other tourists..

For details about Bali post on the Asia board..you need to ask about the weather in Bali during that time. I was there in July once and remember it being glorious but do check with the Asia board people for more recent information. If you have a chance to go to Bali, do not hesitate. You can just about do it with two weeks...