My husband and I are traveling with our 3 children - ages 10, 8 and 6 in late June/early July to Croatia. Here is what we have tentatively planned. It is our 1st trip to Croatia and I realize we are missing Dubrovnik, but I have some parts of the trip locked in and don't want to be rushing from location to location.
Day 1 - fly U.S. to Zagreb, arrive morning, pick up car rental
Day 2 - Zagreb, arranged a local walking tour with an English speaking tour guide aimed at elementary aged school children; in the afternoon depart for Plitvices Lakes National Park
Day 3-4 - drive to Plitvices Lakes National Park, stay in the national park (hotel booked)
Day 5-6 - drive from Plitvices to Trogir, stay 2 nights
Day 6- drive from Trogir to Pula, stay 6 or 7 nights; explore the Istrian peninsula (Pula, Roving, Porec and other hillside towns, perhaps do a 1 day ferry trip to Venice....home rental confirmed in Pjescana Uvala)
Day 13 - Zagreb back to U.S.
My questions are:
1. Suggestions or feedback on car rental companies that have been a good reputation in Zagreb?
2. Since we are missing Dubrovnik, I wanted to squeeze in Trogir to get a feel for the Dalmatian Coast....thoughts on Trogir?
3. Any feedback or thoughts on what we must do with children on/near the Istrian peninsula?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Croatia in mid/late October
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Dubrovnik
- 13 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Norte Dame light show!
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Greece in end October
- 25 Champagne Tours