We are a group of 4 friends (all male - married but on a trip without wives and kids!) planning to drive in Croatia from 5th March to 13th March. Here is the planned itinerary:
5th March : 10:00 AM Land into Zagreb. Rest and see around Zagreb
6th March: Day in Zagreb. Evening pick-up the car and drive to Plitvice - stay in the park overnight.
7th March: See Plitvice. Have lunch - leave post lunch for Zadar - reach before sunset (2:30 hrs drive)
8th March: Around Zadar - maybe try to catch a boat day trip to an island. Stay again in Zadar
9th March: Drive to Split via Torgir. Evening and night Split
10th March: Split
11th MArch: Drive to Dubrovnik. Stay Dubrovnik
12th MArch: Dubrovnik
13th March: Fly out of Dubrovnik
Ideas Suggestions welcome.
1. Any must see sights on the way - prefer off-beat nature small hikes/view points
2. Suggestions for hotels (mid to high end). Ideally want to stay in the centre of things, as anyway it is off-season
3. Will most of the cafes/restaurants be open due to season - anything else to look out for?
4. Any off-beat cafes/bars/restaurants in the towns or during the drives
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ESET Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 Change of resident
- 6 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 7 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 11 Driving
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 14 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 18 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017