Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Croatia: Buying ferrry tickets ahead from Jadrolinja ferry? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/croatia-buying-ferrry-tickets-ahead-from-jadrolinja-ferry-239807/)

lina Jul 15th, 2002 12:23 PM

Croatia: Buying ferrry tickets ahead from Jadrolinja ferry?

We are hoping to take the ferry overnight from Split to Rijeka with accomodations, but the website for Jadrolinja does not give a US agent. Has anyone bought tickets through a Croatian travel agent and picked them up there? How far in advance do you need to book accomodations in September? Thanks for any tips.

Nancy Jul 15th, 2002 12:44 PM

Lina,<BR><BR>There is a travel agent in the UK, www.viamare.com that another US poster used to get his tickets. He (Patrick) is in Europe now so don't know whether he will see your message. He was going from Bari to Dubrovnik though.<BR><BR>My trip is not until next May, so I have not looked into ordering mine yet. Since you are looking for a cabin, I would think you should reserve soon. Maybe emailing the travel agent in the UK will help.

Nina Jul 17th, 2002 07:06 AM

I think you should contact one of the travel agencies in the US that specialize in Croatia travel.<BR><BR>www.adriatictours.com (LA)<BR>www.panadriatic.com (NY)<BR><BR>Nina

LIna Jul 17th, 2002 09:33 AM

Thanks, Nina. I got my ticket from Panadriatic and will give them a call.

mark Jul 17th, 2002 10:17 AM

You might also try the National Croation Tourist Board - 212.279.8672. <BR>I just called regarding accomodations in Korcula and they were very helpful.

Nancy Jul 17th, 2002 10:56 AM

Lina,<BR><BR>Would you mind posting back here your results? I would like to know as I'm interested in tickets from Rijeka to Dubrovnik. <BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>

Lina Aug 3rd, 2002 09:49 AM

Hi Nancy,<BR>Panadriatic Travel could not help me. My next plan is to contact Atlas Travel in Dubrovnik and see if I can buy through them and pick up when we are there. I'm going to wait a few weeks, though, since the October schedule isn't up yet on the Jadrolinija site. If the schedule has changed from last winter, we will probably have to use other transportation since we have booked our hotels with one free travel night. Since we are headed to Lljubljana we could also take an overnight train to Zagreb or a long bus trip up the coast. Another option is to use one on the agents in England - listed on the Jadrolinija site. I'd be interested in hearing what you do. My lazy fall back plan is just to take our chances buying a ticket (and cabin) a week ahead of time when we get there.

Pat Oct 23rd, 2002 07:56 PM

We travelled on Jadrolinja in 2001 from Split to Ancona. Booked the crossing directly with Jadrolinja in Rijeka by fax, absolutely no problems. Their English was excellent and we were not asked to pay anything in advance, did not even want credit card number. Tickets were waiting for us at port office in Split on day of travel. We booked accommodations in early Feb. for travel in early June. Hope this helps.

Pat Oct 23rd, 2002 08:09 PM

Sorry Lina my brain must be asleep, only just realised your trip will be over and gone by now! Never mind the ferry info may be useful for others planning a trip to Croatia in 2003, myself included.

Lina Oct 26th, 2002 10:30 AM

We had a wonderful trip in Sept/October and I'm going to post a trip report soon. We booked our ferry tickets with cabin through Atlas Travel ([email protected]), paid with a credit card, and picked our tickets up at an Atlas office in Dubrovnik. It worked out very well. I think there was a $15 booking charge and a $3 credit card charge as well as a $100 charge for an outside cabin for 2 with running water from Split to Rijeka.