Croatia...Atlas Travel Tours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We four adults are flying into Dubrovnik June 25th and would like to see as much of Croatia as possible in a week's time (plus a day or two). While we're all relatively experienced and independent travelers, the 8 day Atlas tour, Highlights of Croatia, seems to cover a lot of the same territory we're interested in doing on our own. Question: Can anyone comment on their experience with Altas travel tours?
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 05:44 PM

I have not been to Croatia to comment on Atlas' service but it seems to have a solid reputation. When I was researching a trip last year, I came to the conclusion that Atlas was the largest and most established tour company in Dubrovnik - sort of like a local Insight. I did not find any adverse comment on Atlas in a number of tourism sites and travel forums I checked.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:13 AM

We found Atlas helpful and reputable on our trip to Dubrovnik last September.

We enjoyed the day tour to Mljet - very simple and low key - lovely nature, great swimming.

I have not heard of there week long tours.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. Anyone else?
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM

If you decide to go to Croatia on your own, Atlas offers fabulous day long excursions. I took two from Dubrovnik. They were well organized, the driver was excellent and the guide very professional. Based on my two experiences, I would not hesitate to use them again.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:35 PM

Catbert-Which two trips do you take? We're heading to Dubrovnik at the end of May and are looking into either the Mostar and/or Montenegro day tours-time permitting. Were you able to book these the day before departure or is more advanced notice recommended?
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 01:22 PM

I took the Montenegro trip (don't miss it!) and the Peljesec Wine tour (very enjoyable). I'd love to have taken the Mostar trip had I had another day. The Miljet trip looks fun but you could do that on your own very easily.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 01:23 PM

I'm sorry, should have added; I booked them from the lobby of my hotel. I think the day before is fine. The problem is all tours don't run every day.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 02:11 PM

Thanks Catbert! We're run into the 'if only I had another day' issue on all of our other trips and I expect Dubrovnik will fall into that category as well. With limited time and no options to reschedule flights, guess it'll be decision time once we get there and see what's offered and when. All-in-all, not a bad problem to have!
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Debs, when are you going and what hotel are you staying in? You'll have a great time. It's a beautiful city.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 05:21 PM

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our Atlas trip to Montenegro. We took the "Montenegro Blue" excursion. We booked several weeks in advance and were glad we did. We tried to book additional tours while we were in Dubrovnik but they were all full. Click on my name to find my full Croatia Trip Report.