Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Croatia and Bosnia -Recs for lodging and food

Croatia and Bosnia -Recs for lodging and food

Aug 28th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Croatia and Bosnia -Recs for lodging and food

We will be spending two weeks in Croatia and Bosnia in mid to late Sept. Our itinerary is flexible but we plan to visit the following destinations along the way: Zagreb, Plitvice Lake area, Split, Hvar, Korcula, Dubrovnik, Mostar and Sarajevo. We would love to hear of any positive experiences with moderately priced hotels/inns or private home lodging as well as good restaurant recommendations for authentic regional food. The less touristy the better with both categories. Thanks!
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:44 AM
pat

Check out the many trip reports posted here on Croatia. Just put Croatia in the search box. Also, check out the Slowtravel message boards. I am going to Croatia in 2 weeks myself. I hope it`s not pouring rain. I`m not sure why you are going to Bosnia?
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM

Croatia is awesome! I think visiting 8 places in 2 weeks is overdoing it.

If you click on my name you will find my trip report from last year along with photos of our trip.

I don't recommend spending a lot of time in Zagreb or Split. There is a little island about 1/2 hr north of Split called Trogir. it is heavenly and you can take a day trip to Split from there.

Plitvice is really worth it but we just spent a few hours there before driving on to Rab Island.

Enjoy!
Feb 3rd, 2006, 04:46 AM

go to BugEurope or Hostelworld.com They have a lot of reviews by travellers. Mostly hostels, but a lot of private rooms too.

Search this Thread