We are planning to travel from Austria to Croatia and then back. We have just 6 days to explore Croatia and want to make it count. We dont mind a fast pace and like to see as much as we can in a limited time. However looking at the distance in travel we have to sadly leave out Dubrovnik. Please let me know if this itinery would ensure we see some good places or can we trade in for some prettier and must visit ones along the route. We want to have a mix of party, beach and lil of the must sees attractions(not so much into history) in the cities we visit.
Must do's on this trip: Plitvice lakes and enjoy the party scenes in Novalja. Also the train into Rijeka and out of Zagreb is the best connections into Austria so essentially we enter through Rijeka and leave out of Zagreb. Here is the itinery planned.
Saturday - Looking at travelling by train from Salzburg to Rijeka early morning ( 7hrs non stop train "EN" leaves at 1.34am and reaches Rijeka at 9am same day. Then planning on renting a car and driving to Novalja island. Stay for night. Heard the party scene is great there.
Sunday- Driving to Split - 2 and half hours drive and checking in and looking around town. Halting in Split.
Monday- Taking a day excursion to Hvar and Blue caves through some local day tour operator.Back to Split. Halt in Split.
Tuesday - Drive early morning onwards to Plitvice(leaving by around 6am reaching by 11am). Try to reach by around 11am. Explore the park until evening. Then check in at nearby hotel. Stay in Plitvice.
Wednesday - Drive onto Zagreb. 4 and half hours journey. Explore Zagreb. Halt in Zagreb.
Thursday - Relax in Zagreb until noon. Return the car. Take the 12.35pm train to Vienna. Reach Vienna at 9pm. Halt in Vienna.
Friday -Explore Vienna. Halt in Vienna.
Saturday - Fly back home from Vienna in the evening.
Thanks for your time. Looking forward to your advice and suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 2 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 land vs river cruise
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 paris to london- day trip
- 23 10 days in europe
- 24 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!