Notices

Croatia 2 week Initinerary

Jun 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Croatia 2 week Initinerary

I am just starting to work on a 2 week itinerary for Venice/Croatia. we can fly into Venice from Chicago, stay 3-4 nights then ferry to istria. can anyone recommend the best town to stay in? will do maybe 3 nights there.

for the second week we want to stay on hvar and see Dubrovnik and we are flying home from Dubrovnik too.

how do i get from istria down to hvar??? should we stop somewhere first. am i missing anything great?
Jun 29th, 2012, 02:37 AM

If you want to stay in one place in Istria, then stay in Rovinj. If you plan to do day trips by bus, then Pula is the place to be, it being the main bus depot for Istria.
To get to Dalmatia, maybe you can link up with the boat service from Pula to Zadar which stops at a few islands. www.lnp.hr (very inexpensive compared with Venezia Lines)
Jun 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM

I wouldn't stay in Pula if I could avoid it. The only thing I really liked about it is the beautiful Roman amphitheatre (think Colosseum but smaller). There are some other ancient sites, but even for an ancient site fan, they aren't really impressive. Pula is also fairly large and has an industrial feel to it.

I loved Rovinj, however. It was, in my opinion, one of the most striking places I visited in Croatia. It is smaller and has very atmospheric little streets, especially the ones leading up to the cathedral.

Search this Thread