Critique Spain Itinerary Please

Apr 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Critique Spain Itinerary Please

Here is our basic plan for Spain for next May - how does this sound? We are usually Starwood points, if you couldn't tell by the hotels. I can't decide if I want to spend more time in Barcelona, if it makes sense to travel via car or train, etc. Is this too much to do in nights 8 days? THANKS IN ADVANCE! Any opinions welcome...

Arrive Barcelona (2 Nights) - W Barcelona
Rent car, drive to Elciego - Hotel Marques Des Riscal (3 nights)
Drop off car in Lograno, take train to Madrid - Westin Madrid (3 nights), day trip to Toledo, leave from Madrid
Apr 15th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Arrive Barcelona (2 Nights) - W Barcelona - Not the best location

Rent car, drive to Elciego - Hotel Marques Des Riscal (3 nights) - sounds fine!

Drop off car in Lograno, take train to Madrid - Westin Madrid (3 nights), day trip to Toledo, leave from Madrid - Okay, assuming you are referring to the Westin Palace. By the way, Logorño is the name of the city in the Rioja.
Apr 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM

I thinkg this is way too much for 8 nights.

With only 8 nights I'd probably cut one of these places totally out of the itinerary. 2 nights in Barcelona will be a blur. 3 nights in Madrid will really only be 2.5 days by the time you drive in from Elciego.

Logistically it would make an easy trip to do Barcelona & Madrid. But if you have a keen interest in visiting bodegas then I'd probably drop either Madrid or Barcelona and save for a future trip.

Search this Thread