A gigantic group of us (26 people : 16 grownups + 10 kids) will be traveling to Greece in mid June (Athens, Santorini, Crete). We are spending 4 nights in Crete and a friend of ours has booked 3 villas on AirBnb for our stay in Skouloufia (18 km from Rethynmo).
I think he picked this property because it was reasonable and one of the few places large enough to accommodate all of us. HOWEVER, it is really far from any of the major things that I wanted to do (Elefonisi, Balos, Chania, Knossos, etc.) HELP US, are we going to be trapped here?!?!
Since I cannot image making 1-2 hour drives each way with the kids, we will most likely split groups. One group will stay behind with the kids and do things local to Skouloufia. The others will head out a bit further.
1. What is the best way to get around Crete? What do you recommend? If you recommend renting a car, I"m guessing GPS is reliable.Also, is hiring a car + driver for the day pretty reasonable?
2. Do any of you know anything about this area of Skouloufia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Where to stay in Naples?
- 3 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 8 Portugal
- 9 Browsing Barcelona
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona