A gigantic group of us (26 people : 16 grownups + 10 kids) will be traveling to Greece in mid June (Athens, Santorini, Crete). We are spending 4 nights in Crete and a friend of ours has booked 3 villas on AirBnb for our stay in Skouloufia (18 km from Rethynmo).
I think he picked this property because it was reasonable and one of the few places large enough to accommodate all of us. HOWEVER, it is really far from any of the major things that I wanted to do (Elefonisi, Balos, Chania, Knossos, etc.) HELP US, are we going to be trapped here?!?!
Since I cannot image making 1-2 hour drives each way with the kids, we will most likely split groups. One group will stay behind with the kids and do things local to Skouloufia. The others will head out a bit further.
1. What is the best way to get around Crete? What do you recommend? If you recommend renting a car, I"m guessing GPS is reliable.Also, is hiring a car + driver for the day pretty reasonable?
2. Do any of you know anything about this area of Skouloufia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE INSTALLATION 1~800~681~7208 CONTACT MCAFEE NOW Tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 3 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 tinnitus
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 9 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 land vs river cruise
- 17 The World's Greatest Churches
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 Trans Siberian Train
- 23 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 24 South of France
- 25 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days