Credit cards in Paris

Jan 21st, 2000, 02:50 PM
nancy

Credit cards in Paris

Is possible to pay for boat tours, metro tickets or museum passes with Visa or MC?

Jan 21st, 2000, 08:17 PM
Bob Brown

I am playing topper with this one because I don't remember how we paid for those purchases when we were in Paris!!!! And I, too, would like to know the answer.

I remember that ATM's were so easy to find that we paid cash for a lot of purchases. We charged restaurant meals, except for one. But I cannot recall how we paid for Louvre, Versailles, and Musee d'Orsay tickets. I recall quite clearly that we went to those places, but don't ask me how I paid to get in!!

Jan 21st, 2000, 11:26 PM
greg

Last summer we paid for day metro pass (Mobilis) and Museum pass at Montparnasse (ratp?) travel office (which looks like a travel agents office) with Visa. However to get Carnet of 10 tickets we were told to go to the ticket counter, we paid in cash, we did not use Visa so don't know.

The summer before we again bought day passes and museum passes using Visa at Opera Metro Station ticket counter.

Jan 22nd, 2000, 05:14 AM
Monica

I paid for our museum pass with my visa credit card while at the St. Michel metro. For the metro tickets, we paid with francs. Didn't get a chance to do a boat tour, but you do have to pay with ff.

Jan 22nd, 2000, 10:18 AM
Lori

It seems to me we used our Visa card for everything except the boat ride on the Seine - they wanted francs. Even small grocery stores (where we bought snacks, etc.) took credit cards.