Credit card for taxi?

Mar 17th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Credit card for taxi?

Is it possible for airport transfers?
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:47 AM

At the airport in Wzylosissisouzski, Poland, it is very difficult to get a taxi that accepts credit cards. Did you have a different airport in mind?
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:51 AM
yk

I think econner is asking about the UK, LHR maybe?
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:52 AM

Taxis to/from CDG in Paris took a credit card (Visa) and I would assume the same would be true for Heathrow as well.
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:55 AM

I've taken taxis that accepted credit cards in the UK. It's usually displayed on their side windows along with the types they will accept.
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:30 PM

Strange,

I found a taxi immediately in Wzyloisissisouzski that honored Visa, Mastercard and Polish Express!
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:39 PM

At first I thought yk must be a mindreader for figuring out where econner was talking about since there is no indication in the post. But since then, I've noticed his other posts about Swiss Cottage cars from Heathrow into to London, so I suspect yk is right.

So, I suspect you're not talking about a taxi, econner, but rather a car service -- big difference. Just Airports quotes two different prices for credit cards and for cash -- with a super charge for using a credit card. I've only used cash with Swiss Cottage Cars and I'm not sure if they take a credit card, but suspect also they'd charge more if they do. If for some reason you don't have time at the airport to go to an ATM, the driver would probably be happy to stop at one along the way to get some pounds to pay in cash.