Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Craft stores in Paris, Artist supply stores, and rubber stamps in Paris

Feb 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

I apologize if this is a repeat, but I cannot locate the first one I wrote.

I'm looking for artsy/crafty stores similar to ACMoore or Michaels, that might sell rubber stamps. Or art supply stores like Blick's. (I think that's the name) Harvard Square Cambridge MA had a store called TRUC in the 1960s. It was a bit funky. Are there any stores/areas in Paris like that that may have rubber stamps? Thank you.
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

ps...I thought if I typed nfmasek
or
craft stores in Paris
in the search box, this thread would come up, but it did not. What am I doing wrong?
thanks from an old crafter
Feb 16th, 2011, 06:09 AM

Sennelier, Quai Voltaire, was good enough for Picasso and Cezanne. Don't know about rubber stamps tho.
Feb 16th, 2011, 06:17 AM

Click on your screen name (either in this thread or in the upper right corner of the screen) to see all your posts.
Feb 16th, 2011, 06:23 AM

First, the thread does come up so I don't know why it doesn't for you. All I did was type craft stores into the search box and it immediately came up. As a tip, searches work better if you don't put in phrases with unnecessary words, you don't need articles, prepositions, and long phrases, they just don't work well. This is a basic internet technique on searching in any browser or search box. You should limit to the minimum number of words to identify something, and they should not be real common. In this case, it would work (at least craft stores does, again, why make it so long it isn't necessary), but phrases should be put in quotes if you really want to search an exact phrase, and you never would need the word "in", for example.

YOu can search by name if you pull the advanced search feature and simply list every post by a person.

Anyone, this thread did come up by a search so I don't know what you are doing.

as for the question, I am not into crafts at all so haven't sought this out, but I kind of suspect this suburban craft of "stamps" and craft stores don't exist in France, but I might be wrong. I've never seen such a thing in Paris, in any case. Of course they have art supply stores, but I don't know the best ones as I don't buy that. I know the dept store BHV actually has a section with art supplies, but I imagine it's fairly mainstream, but you could check.

Here's an article that lists a lot of them
http://www.vingtparismagazine.com/wh...supply_stores/

If this craft craze has hit Paris, I would imagine you could find some of that stuff in general stores like Monoprix or BHV. Of course there are stores in Paris for yarn and needlework crafts, and there are specialized stores for office supplies and specialized stamps. Papeteries (stationery and paper stores) might sell some of that kind of stuff. There is a chain store called Rougier et Ple that sells graphic art supplies and things like that, there are several in Paris. Here's an article about their store near Filles-du-Calvaire metro
http://www.leparisien.fr/abo-paris/r...008-120889.php
Feb 16th, 2011, 06:56 AM

Here's your other thread:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...s-in-paris.cfm
Feb 16th, 2011, 06:57 AM

Scrapbooking using fancy papers, stamps and stickers is a very popular hobby in France. I belonged to a forum/exchange group of scrapbookers that was based inFrance.

The French scrappers posted photos of their pages with all the same enhancements that American scrappers use, so they must be readily available in France.
Feb 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM

I saw a store like that in Bercy Village. another in the shopping center at the Louvre and another under the Promenade Des Plantes near the Opera Bastille. don't have time to read the other thread so forgive me if I am repeating.
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM

Loisirs & Création at Bercy Village (metro Cour Saint Emilion) is quite good.
Dec 24th, 2011, 04:52 AM

One of the best shop in Paris. You can find there exclusives products like boxes for shipping paintings : Adam 96 rue Damremont 75018 Paris near montmartre. This shop became famous after Michel Gondry decided to shoot his movie "The science of sleep" (The working place of Charlotte Gainsbourg). They've got a website look for Adam Beaux Arts in google. My favorite place !