Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Cow Parade A Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cow-parade-a-paris-616011/)

cigalechanta May 16th, 2006 09:12 AM

Cow Parade A Paris

Too bad I can't see these it looks like fun.

http://www.vach-art.fr/page.php?lg=fr&rub=01

tower May 16th, 2006 09:26 AM

Mimi...we just returned from France and did get to see two of the cows in one location in a park off Rue du Roi d'Sicile. Will send photos when I get my disc back from Costco today. We first came across these cows in, of all places, Beaufort, South Carolina in 2001..quite a kick.
Stu T.

cigalechanta May 16th, 2006 10:07 AM

Great stu. Something to look forward to..your photos. That should cheer me. These days of heavy rains, flooding are depressing.

LeeParis May 16th, 2006 10:41 AM

Holy cow! In 1999 I just happened to be spending a long weekend in Chicago when they were having their Cows on Parade exhibition. After a 6 year absence I will make it back to Paris for about a day and a half (nowhere near long enough but it's better than nothing) in early June so maybe I'll see a cow or two while I'm there. What fun!

LeeParis

tower May 16th, 2006 11:03 AM

Mimi..please send me an e-mail and I'll scan and e-mail you the cows...won't be able to get my CD today...

Stu T. ([email protected])

plambers May 16th, 2006 11:05 AM

we just got back and saw the cows. we had seen them stateside before. i had a favorite-she was a girl cow w/ hot pink lipstick w/ pouty lips and wearing a black lace thong!the rear view was the most popular for photos!

BTilke May 16th, 2006 11:06 AM

There are several cows in the St. Germain area that I looked at two weeks ago. Some of them are quite clever and I think they are more "artistic" than the cows we saw on display in Brussels a few years ago.
I really liked the one decorated entirely with spoons.
Will the Paris cows be auctioned off for charity

FainaAgain May 16th, 2006 11:08 AM

I saw those cows in Switzerland near lake Geneva, quite a sight!

I show pictures to my friends with a comment "this is where the mad cow disease is coming from".

cigalechanta May 16th, 2006 11:10 AM

Yes, they will be auctioned off for charity.

tower May 16th, 2006 11:19 AM

mim...please e-mail me and I will send the cow pix..
Stu T.
([email protected])

BTilke May 16th, 2006 11:20 AM

Forgot to add, the snooty 15th century manor near us has two of those designer cows parked next to their practice polo field. Don't know which auction they came from.

Toupary May 16th, 2006 11:30 AM

I'm loving this. I have the vache map, but haven't had the time to go looking for them. However, in my travels, I've stumbled across 7 of them - one on the Place de la Croix Rouge in the 6ème and the other 6 on avenue Matignon. I'm trying to get photos of all of them, but forgot to take my camera when I had to go to av. Matignon.

Last year, when I lived in Washington, we had Panda-monium, and the year before that, Party Animals (donkeys and elephants). Same principal - they were auctioned off at the end. One of my neighbors had an elephant with spikes. Never figured out what that meant.

cigalechanta May 16th, 2006 11:55 AM

Stu, your email was returned?
but here's mine

[email protected]

emvic May 16th, 2006 07:50 PM

When Cows on Parade was in Chicago a few years ago my favorite was "Moonet". She had Monet's water lilies painted on her side.

moolyn May 16th, 2006 08:12 PM

As you can guess from my screen name, I'm a cowlector. Cows follow me home from my travels. I have a china version of Moonet with water lillies plus one of Van Cow with Starry Night. They're the stars of my cowlection.

Worktowander May 17th, 2006 01:26 AM

There are bears on parade in Berlin, lions in Munich right now. (One of those lions was quite the little cross-dresser! :-O

isabel May 17th, 2006 03:34 AM

I think my new travel goal should be to follow the cows. I've seen them in NYC, Prague and Switzerland and this summer they are going to be in Boston and Lisbon. I was so excited when I found out about Lisbon as that's where I'm going this summer anyway. I'm disappointed to have missed them in Paris. I hope all of you going to Paris soon will post photos of the cows.

carolyn May 28th, 2006 12:23 PM

We are just home and saw several of the cows. I live in Louisville, and we had horses all around town a couple of years ago. Also saw alligators in Naples, FL, a few years ago.

Scarlett May 28th, 2006 12:32 PM

Last year in Jacksonville Fl , it was Manatees :)

Travelnut May 28th, 2006 04:22 PM

Yes, we did the manatees...
I, too, saw the cows in Switzerland and just now in Paris..took about 6 photos of various ones, which I am in the process of organizing. (I mean, all my photos, not just the 6 cow pix!)