COVO DEI SARACENI

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COVO DEI SARACENI

I will be in Positano mid Sept.and will be staying at this hotel because of the restaurant. I saw the motion picture ONLY YOU and I have been obsessed on eating there. Has anyone eaten there?
Thanks
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 06:43 PM

Yes, we ate there 3 1/2 years ago and thought it was excellent. I even remember what we had--a great shrimp appetizer and equally good sea bass for the entree. With four of us ordering it, they served the entire bass! (Sorry, but I don't remember which wine we ordered!)
We also loved the hotel!
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:11 AM

Hi! I've been there too three years ago, the food was excellent and the hotel really nice too, this year the restaurant was not that excellent, the chef they had three years ago is not working there anymore... Only You has been played at Le Sirenuse too.. that is the best you can find on the entire planet!
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:20 AM

One of our favorite hotels, we've stayed twice already and are reserved for three days this September. I can't wait to go back. I believe it's had a renovation since we were last there and their prices have increased but the place is very "worth it." On the beach at the bottom of the cliffs rather than in them, it still has nice views particularly at night as you look up to thw twinkling lights all over the city. It's easy for walking and right by the boat stop. Ask for a room with a view onto the beach. I can sit endlessly on the balcony and watch the beach activity. Breakfast is buffet style and on their lovely deck facing the sea so everything starts out perfect and it just keeps going. Nice pool, something missing in many of the other places in Positano. As posts on this site seem to debate endlessly the relative merits of the much pricier Le Sireneuse or San Pietro, I can't imagine why they don't save their money and stay here instead.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

A little late but I thank you for the information on Covo Dei Saraceni. I was a away for a few days but wanted to check my post Thankyou I now feel I made a good choice.