Covent Gardens, Westminster, or Pimlico for first time stay in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at Air B&Bs for a 3 night stay in London. They don't give addresses on the site, only show the basic area where the flats are located. There are several reasonably priced flats in these areas but having never been to London, I have no real concept of which area is better for ease of getting to see as much as possible in 2 1/2 short days as much on foot as possible. Yes, we'll take the Tube but we really like to walk.
We're considering: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3556355...s=2&s=hTvrbE1T

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1093520...s=2&s=q1Wiaq30

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2938289...s=2&s=q1Wiaq30

Any and all input welcomed.
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 05:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>as much on foot as possible.<<

First of all don't count on seeing all that much on foot. If you had a leisurely week or two -- sure. But London is ENORMOUS and if you plan on walking everywhere you won't cover much territory.

All three areas are central and fine areas. Pimlico would be the least convenient. But it isn't 'inconvenient', and I've stayed there many times - And one can't tell from the 'airbnb circle' if the flat is close to Victoria, a block from Pimlico station, or at the far end of Lupus Street.

BTW -- I would never <B>EVER</B> book a flat without knowing the exact location and post code. Just wouldn't. That Pimlico flat is a case in point - it could be a 2 minute walk to a tube station or a 12 minute walk -- which makes a big difference in a pouring rain.
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 09:30 PM

The first port of call for this poster's problem should always be Google Maps. Input the FULL postcode (as in SW1B 1AA) and see precisely how convenient the location is to bus and tube stops.

If a vendor won't release the full postcode, find another vendor.
Old Jun 19th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

The Pimlico apartment is a 2 minute walk to Victoria station. Seems like for the money ($138 a night) a good choice.
Old Jun 19th, 2016, 08:51 PM

Definitely the Covent Garden flat (Cosy Flat in The Heart of London). We've stayed in that area many times, and it can't be beat. Don't let that one get away.
Old Jun 19th, 2016, 09:16 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If a flat is a '2 minute' walk from Victoria, it could possibly technically be in Pimlico -- but that is really Victoria.

My comment above re Pimlico being the 'least convenient' would not at all apply to Victoria. I have stayed in most central London neighborhoods - and any of your three options are very central and convenient for transport. In fact Victoria is one of the MOST convenient areas.