Notices

COTSWOLD CHRISTMAS

Jun 18th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

COTSWOLD CHRISTMAS

Hello everyone!

My friend and I are planning a trip to Europe this December and will spend Christmas in England.I have done research and a lot of articles and travel blogs suggests that Cotswold is a great place to spend Christmas.I really would like to experience the little villages and the culture of the place.

Can someone please suggest which village/town would be a good place to spend Christmas eve/day.Looking for activities like Christmas carols,services...and somewhere where we would just really feel the Christmas spirit and buzz and feel welcome.

Also with regard to accommodation we are aware that most places are closed on Christmas Day so would it be better to stay in a bnb or pub in order to be around some people and celebrate with them on the day.

Thanks so much for your help.
Jun 18th, 2016, 10:48 AM

Well, I think Painswick (Queen of the Cotswolds) is wonderful, but then I am biased because I live here.

http://www.painswick.co.uk/

Christmas is charming, there are services in both churches (Anglican and Catholic) including Midnight Mass. Many of the famous 99 yew trees are dressed with fairy lights and look so pretty.

There are several B&Bs in Painswick, though most are family run and may not offer rooms at this time, but the Falcon Inn does Christmas packages of room and meals. We usually spend a fair bit of time in the bar there over Christmas time as well, there's always a great atmosphere and it's a lot of fun.

http://www.falconpainswick.co.uk/

Painswick is rights on the Cotswold Way, and there are a myriad of other footpaths for wonderful walks on Boxing Day.

I love Painswick, come and visit!

Search this Thread