Carjet & National Atesa

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carjet & National Atesa

Hola,

I have contacted both carjet and auto europe. A supervisor at auto europe told me that the rate quoted by carjet is not nearly the amount that will be charged. Apparently, according to the supervisor, when arriving at the counter of Ntional Atesa . . . they charge extra for CDW even if your credit card handles the same plus another charge for liability. Has anyone experienced these extras?

Thanks for all the help.

Charlie
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:56 AM

When I was last in Spain, I rented from National Atesa at the train station in Sevilla. I had no problems with it, although it was about 20 dollars more than quoted, but that was for liability.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 09:22 AM

I rented with Carjet/National/Atesa a few weeks ago (carjet, like autoeurope is just a booking agency, national/atesa was who actually rented us the car). I pre-paid from the U.S. and picked up the car in Santiago de Compostela from National/Atesa. Carjet was very clear that their quote included CDW, but not "insurance excess value" (a deductible of about 360 Euro on any damage). You could buy out of this deductible for 7 Euro/day, payable to National/Atesa. All other charges were covered by my pre-payment.

I have been in the exact same situation with AutoEurope, where everything other than buying out of this deductible is included.

The experience with Carjet/National Atesa was generally good, although I was not thrilled with the car itself (requested either gas or turbodiesel, got a regular diesel which was seriously underpowered). It was far and away the cheapest quote I could find.
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 04:21 AM

I used Carjet last year and got the exact rate shown. The booking was at Malaga using Crown Car Hire. It was the cheapest rate and is offered with no excess in the event of any damage. I will be using them again this year.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 10:44 AM

We used Carjet for trip to Spain in July. Picked up car in malaga and dropped off in Seville. The price quoted was exactly what we paid . take you confiemation with you. There quotes clearly state CDW is included. We also picked up from Crown and my only complaint is that the Crown queue was sooo long, it took 2 hours to get to the desk and then another 30 mins wait for the keys to be given to us,but it was the cheapest of all.I would definitely usw carjet again due to low cost.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 03:46 AM

The queue at Crown was also very long when we used them, most of the people in the queue were holding bookings from Holiday Autos, so certainly in the summer charter flight months it seems it is very busy. On my return I advised Carjet of this and they told me to state - NOT CROWN - when I book again. I think they must have contracts with other on-airport car rental agencies. They are genuine all inclusive rates though (from my experience)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:47 PM
ham

We are first-time Carjet users and picking up our car in Seville at the Avda Kansas City location. I'm relieved to hear the generally good reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this pick-up location and know what's it's near? Does it have the notorious lines that have been discussed?
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:11 AM

Their location on Kansas City Avenue is next to the Occidental Hotel, by the Santa Justa train station. I've been there several times and never had to wait long.