Costa Blanca

Apr 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Costa Blanca

Hi,

We made an error. We meant Costa Blanca and not Costa Brava.

We are a family of 4 travelling to the Costa Blanca for 4 or 5 nights towards the end of July as part of a 3-week southern Spanish vacation. We are looking for a nice hotel on a beautiful beach, but it should be close to sights and quaint villages that have small alleys with nice places to eat and small shops. Being in, or close to these towns, would be great.

Any advice on areas in the Costa Blanca and hotels would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Andy
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:40 AM

The most charming part of Costa Blanca is Marina Alta and Marina Baixa area. Study the small towns like Denia, Javea, Moraira, Calpe and Altea.
The best parts of these places are:
Denia - shops, beach and old town.
Javea - beach
Moraira - shops and beach
Calpe - shops, beach, old town and the Ifach monolite.
Altea - old town
The hotels that I would recommend are not on a beach. If that is very important, I would go to Moraira, where all the hotels are very close to the beach.
If you decide to hire a car, you might like to visit places like Polop, Guadalest and the Valley of Laguart.
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM

I totally agree with the previous suggestions. You do realize this area is VERY busy.. it is difficult to find a quiet quaint cove, etc. on this coast. The towns can be pleasant during the week.

Hotel Los Angeles Denia gets good reviews. This is one of the nicest parts of the coast..as mentioned..Denia-Javea.

www.hotellosangeles.com

and I love the surroundings of the 3* Eurotenis hotel (further down the coast). The surrounding area at street level is NOT nice, whereas Denia and Javea are actual towns with a life.

This is as close to a private cove as you will find. It is also shared with the Montiboli Hotel. They have BBQs outside, open to the public, so it is even a nice stop.

www.hoteleurotennis.com ..found at the base of the 5* Montiboli, www.montiboli.es
Apr 10th, 2009, 10:14 AM

About Hotel Los Angeles.
I have visited a few times. It has a cheap feel, but it is on the best part of Denia beach.
The restaurant in Hotel Los Angeles used to be very, very good, but the manager of the restaurant changed a few years ago. Nowadays, I would describe it as typical.
I was about to mention this hotel on my original post, but for these reasons I did not. Thanks to the thin walls it is also noisy. If the next door neighbor is snoring, you are going to be disturbed.
Hotel Buenavista is the most interesting hotel (to me) in Denia, but it is not close to the beach. But if you are going to hire a car anyway, consider it.
I want to add, that Moraira, Calpe and Altea a also proper towns. They are not something built around a tourist resort. First there was a small town and tourism came later.
The beach in Altea is not sand. It is my favourite, but if beach is important for you, it is not your place to go.
Melia hotel in Altea Hills is overpriced and the service is not very friendly. The location is superb though.

Search this Thread