Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Cost of Taxi from CDG (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cost-of-taxi-from-cdg-510373/)

glsebs Mar 8th, 2005 02:57 AM

Cost of Taxi from CDG

We are arriving into CDG around 8:30 a.m. on Thursday.
How much would a taxi cost from CDG to our hotel in the 1st Arr?
We have 90 Euros and want to make sure that will be enough for our taxi?
Thanks

Flyboy Mar 8th, 2005 03:00 AM

You have plenty. It would be a pretty bad day if it cost you 50 Euros.

glsebs Mar 8th, 2005 03:12 AM

I just scrolled down to see the new posts and I read there will be a huge strike Thursday, affecting the transportation sector...they said taxis should be running but there will probably be a big traffic jam with the Parisians driving into the city for work. Who knows then how much the taxi would be if it takes hours to get to our hotel. Also, taxis might be scarce with no trains or buses running.
I think I will try to book a private shuttle. It is always something!!

Someone suggested taking a

Kate_W Mar 8th, 2005 03:15 AM

Why don't you take the Air France shuttle bus? You can also take the RER.

glsebs Mar 8th, 2005 03:34 AM

They will both be on strike,

Intrepid1 Mar 8th, 2005 03:39 AM

On another thread about the "strikes" there seemed to be some question as to whether or not the AirFrance bus would be running. How about booking a private shuttle?

glsebs Mar 8th, 2005 03:54 AM

I probably will book a private shuttle...I called my hotel and the price for a private car is 151 Euros thru the hotel.
Any suggestions for other private car companies that might be less expensive would be appreciated!

ira Mar 8th, 2005 04:06 AM

Hi gl,

Try www.beeshuttle.com and www.parishuttle.com.

About 18E pp.

((I))

glsebs Mar 8th, 2005 04:12 AM

Thanks for the names.
For this rate, I am sure they are not private....we are a party of 2...how many passengers would they take an how many stops???

RonZ Mar 8th, 2005 04:54 AM

Last time I was in Paris during a major strike the Air France buses were running.

images Mar 8th, 2005 05:11 AM

We are also arriving at CDG Thursday morning. Last night we booked transportation with Airport Connection www.airport-connection.com for 39€ for 2 people from CDG to our hotel in Paris. This is a shared shuttle, with only 2 other stops.The web site was easy to use, but we have been told traffic will be heavy.

jody Mar 8th, 2005 05:14 AM

We used paris shuttle ..they had only one other couple to pick up and they were staying very near our hotel. The shuttle does'nt look like it would hold more than 6 people anyway.

Wouldn't the Air France bus be a private company run service and not connected to public transportation concerns?

Christina Mar 8th, 2005 11:58 AM

I get emails from SNCF as news announcements and they sent me one today to warm me the public transportation system would probably be messed up on Thursday, and said the check about more details tomorrow.

If you've booked a shuttle, that's probably a good idea. I think they hold about 6-8 people, but in addition to possible traffic jams, taxis might be in short supply for that reason.

Air France bus is probably okay, as are even city buses. Sometimes other workers strike in sympathy to others, especially if similar jobs, though. This one sounds like it just really will affect the trains (and some RER lines which are managed by SNCF). I didn't read anything about it affecting buses, nor even the metro, neither of which are owned by SNCF. It's suppsoed to affect the trains and RER between 8 pm Wednesday and 8 am Friday.

images Mar 8th, 2005 03:36 PM

The newly updated French site for strikes www.greves.org now states that the metro is affected.

humanone Mar 11th, 2005 08:42 AM

Could you tell me how to get on the SNCF email alert mailing list, as Christina has?