Reload this Page >

Cost of Paris Museum Pass

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 06:28 PM
Bob Brown

There is a business that advertises on the WWW that it sells Paris Museum Passes. <BR>The 5 day one goes for 290 francs. Are the passes any cheaper in Paris?? I have heard that they were 240 francs for the 5 day one, but that was last year. If you know the current price, please let me know.

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 06:36 PM
wes fowler

There is a website for the Paris Museum Passes and the museums and monuments the passes cover. The site is still showing 1997 prices of 240FF, however, if you click on the "Information" button you can Email asking for current prices. You might want to check the site in any case just to see what museums and facilities are covered by the pass. It's www.intermusees.com

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 06:38 PM
Donna

Go to www.intermusees.com - 5 day pass is currently 290FF. You can purchase one at any participating venue, along with the tourist offices, most metro stations, and probably the front desk of your hotel.

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 06:41 PM
Donna

Sorry, that's 240, repeat 240 - typo!

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 08:29 PM
vanessa

You really shouldn't bother buying an intermusee pass over the internet. Once you get to Paris you can purchanse one very easily. When I went to Paris, the first museum I had to hit was of course the Louvre. I entered underground from the Metro station. Right away you see the tourist information office and you can buy it right there. When I was there, there were only about 3 or 4 people ahead of me to buy the pass so you can hardly say it is inconvenient to buy it there. I'm not sure where else you can buy the cards, but I'm sure they are available at many other locations. Don't worry about how much they cost here, it is so easy to just buy the card in Paris. <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 05:13 AM
Bob Brown

Thanks for the input. Looks like I can save 100 francs by waiting to make the purchase after I arrive. It also sounds like those passes are widely available in Paris. The $17 or so I save can be invested in a good dinner. <BR>(I would be buying two passes.) <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 12:11 PM
solly

The gift shop at the Musee d'Orsay will sell you the pass very quickly, usually has smaller crowd (in the shop, not waiting to enter to museum), if you don't want to deal w/Louvre. A few Metro stations do, too. <BR> <BR>($17 will buy you a sandwich jambon and a Pepsi., but enjoy! It's a great sandwich.)

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 06:49 PM
Bob Brown

I know $17.00 will not buy much in terms of Paris restaurant meals. My intention was to say that convey that I would throw the $17.00 onto the Paris restaurant cash stack. I took on a part time job in retirement just so I could enjoy myself without worrying.

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 05:45 AM
Mary Ann

We will be going to Versailles on our way into Paris. Does anyone know if you can buy the pass outside of Paris, anywhere else in France? (Beaune, Annecy, Chamonix, Nice?) thanks for any input. I tried e-mailing at intermusee but they have not replied.

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 06:47 AM
wes fowler

MaryAnn, <BR>The Paris museum pass is available at a number of sites in the immediate vicinity of Paris: Versailles, Fountainbleu, Vincennes, Compeigne as examples. You won't find it available outside the area of Paris. If you're going to Versailles prior to Paris, get your pass there.