Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cost of Ferrying Car to Capri from Sorrento

Aug 24th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Piero

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the cost of ferrying a Car from Capri to Sorrento?

I've checked out quite a few web sites (http://www.capritourism.com/en/napoli.htm) and it does seem that ferrying your car to Capri is legal (provided you are a tourist) and possible.

However, I can't seem to find any information on the cost. Just want to make sure the cost is not prohibitive before I plan to ferry the car over.

Aug 24th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Adrienne

First of all, you can't ferry a car to Capri. They don't allow tourist cars there. Second of all, if it's a rental car, most rental companies won't allow their cars on ferries. If you read the small print or ask them, it's not allowed.

Aug 24th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Maximilliano

Adrienne is right - there is no way to ferry a car to Capri. Besides, there is no place to park. As soon as you leave your boat in Capri, you will see many taxi cars waiting to take you where you wish to go. There is also a nearby funicular to the top on the hill. You can see most of the island on foot. I would take a taxi car to see the Emperor's Pallace.

Aug 24th, 2002, 10:12 AM
PJ

You do not need a car in Capri!
Use a cab if you want to.

Aug 24th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Sharon Feiner

Have just returned from Capri. The way the roads are quite narrow and the way they drive, you would not want to take a car there. The cabs are at the port when you get off the hydrofoil and nowhere is very far. Leave the driving to the locals and sit back and enjoy the views!