Reload this Page >

Cost of B&B and gasoline in Britain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 1999, 06:41 PM
leechase

<BR>I would like to know what the currant price of a B&B is in Britain. The last few trips I have stayed in small hotels, but this time I will be staying in B&B's. How much would a twin room be for 2 people? Also, what is the price of gas these days. I appreciate any help.

Old Mar 11th, 1999, 11:02 PM
Jan

Gasoline is now roundabout £3 a (british) gallon for unleaded. As for B&Bs it depends what sort of place you want, they can be as low £15 per person per night but for an ensuite room I would reckon on £25 pppn, varies also as to the part of the country you will be visiting and the time of year.

Old Mar 12th, 1999, 12:31 AM
Tony Hughes

Petrol is well over £3 a gallon here - the latest budget earlier in the week merely pushed it further into the stratosphere

Old Mar 15th, 1999, 03:49 AM
Sue

<BR>To leechase, the price of B&Bs vary from £18.00 for a standard ensuite toom to Four Posters ensuite at £22.00 per person. Contact me and I will give you my website.

Old Mar 15th, 1999, 08:36 AM
wes fowler

Lee, <BR>Check the website www.kgp-publishing.co.uk The website contains the contents of the book "Great British Bed and Breakfasts" listing over 600 B&Bs with prices, amenities, directions and photos. Almost most all have a price range from 18 to 24 pounds per person ensuite, depending on location and time of year. The book also lists a number of "self-catering" cottages which, for an extended stay, might be more economical.

Old Mar 15th, 1999, 12:10 PM
leechase

<BR>I just want to say thanks to all of you for your help. I appreciate it. <BR>Happy travelling! <BR>Lee