Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cost of 2 weeks in Tuscany with splurges!

Mar 26th, 2001, 09:35 AM
lyv

Aside from hotel, car rental, airfare, souvenirs..any thoughts on how much two weeks in Tuscany will cost? Being Canadian, our dollar is so weak so want to budget ahead of time so we can splurge on great Italian meals, vinos, etc. while we're there. Also will be cost of gas, museum entrances, but I think that's it...isn't it??

Mar 26th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Rex

Apart from hotels, airfare and car rental? For me, these are the three biggest segments of a budget. But I suppose you mean the "harder to research" costs. A person can eat lunch and supper in Italy fine on $25 a day, well on $45 a day and splendidly on $75 a day. But a wine connoisseur could go through that much or much more each meal. Conversely, there are so many great wines for under $10 - - and with bread, cheese and salami - - your picnic might qualify as eating splendidly!

All quotes in USD, not CAD, sorry.

Gasoline is about $5 USD per gallon od $0.15 per km.

It's pretty easy to rack up 150-300 km a day just "driving around" - - excluding specific point-to-point driving.

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 26th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Bob

I generally average between $40 and $50 (USD) per day in Italy which includes all meals (a mixture of good restaurants for dinner, pizza or panini for lunch and breakfast included with hotel and lots of gelati and cafe), all transportation (including train, bus, ferries, taxis, gas, etc.), admissions to museums, etc.) but excluding hotel, car rental and airfare.

Mar 26th, 2001, 11:08 AM
lyv

Thanks Rex and Bob...so in Canadian dollars, I just multiply by 10!

Mar 28th, 2001, 06:46 PM
MC

lyv, you multiply the USD by 1.5 to get the CAD equivalent.