Corte Grimani Venice - location assistance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying to venice and staying at the Residence Corte Grimani. Can anyone who has stayed there tell me how long of a walk it was from the san marco stop to the hotel? Also, does anyone know how expensive the water taxi would be from the hotel? I've always thought the water taxis were very expensive. I'm questioning all this because we are traveling with our 4yr old son plus my 70 yr old mother. Walking through venice with all of our luggage for more than a couple of blocks with not be fun with them!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM

The walk shouldn't take any longer than 5-10 minutes. You'll walk on a diagonal across St. Mark's Plaza, through an alley between shops, around the basin where the gondolas gather, across a small bridge and then make a right down a small sidewalk. My 74 year old mother did it with ease.

We took water taxis to Piazzale Roma when we left, and as I remember, they were around $100-$150. per taxi. The taxi will easily hold the 4 of you.

The vaporetto is cheaper, but the taxi will take you, literally, to steps that are right in front of the Corte Grimani (you can see them on their website). It's a nice way to travel.

Good luck with your plans and have a great trip. We loved the Corte Grimani. It was our first stay there, and is our new favorite Venice hotel.
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Oops ... Actually you go over the small bridge and make a LEFT down the sidewalk.

Old May 11th, 2007, 06:02 AM

This is random - to hacsutton - I noticed on another post that you hiked up the Schlithorn--could you tell me about this a little bit?
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Were tehre steps getting to the room? I notice a 74 year old did it so I wondering if my 80 year old Dad could do it.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 03:29 AM

Make sure they send you a map not just the written directions. IT is easy once you find it. From San Marco it is just once set of bridges.