correction-Le Meridian or Marriott in Budapest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which hotel in Budapest is the better choice for location, room-amenties, and views. The Le-Meridian is a little less expensive-20 euros a night.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 11:47 PM
hsv

ttt
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 01:21 AM

I have not stayed at the Le Meridien but I have recently returned from a stay at the Marriott and I was pleased with the choice.

The Marriott is right on the river and every room has a view of the Danube which is good. The location is excellent for exploring Budapest and there are metro and tram stops nearby for any further trips.

The Le Meridien looks to be in a good location and the reviews seem to be excellent for that too. If that one is a little less expensive and it's worth saving €20 to you, then I'd go for that since from what I've read I don't think the Marriott is supposed to be significntly better (apart from maybe the views which you do mention in your post).
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 10:26 AM

The Marriott is great. Ugly building on the outside, but the inside is very nice. Good location and good views fromthe rooms. It is often available at a good rate on Priceline, check www.biddingfortravel.com
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 11:21 AM

The Meridian is next to a metro stop which makes is convenient but does not have a view. From my experience at other Meridian and Marriott properties I bet the room amenities are much better at the Meridian.
The Marriott is closer to the river which is convenient in a different way if you choose to walk and has a view. I have seen mixed reviews on the Marriott. Check tripadvisor to take a look at a lot of reviews from people who have stayed in both. I did not stay in either.