Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://crackedmuscles.com/patriot-power-greens-review/
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Driving
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 Dubrovnik
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 10 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Algarve Town Selection
- 20 Tips for first trip to UK
- 21 paris to london- day trip
- 22 Browsing Barcelona
- 23 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 24 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 25 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
Hello all -