Cordoba stay or sidetrip

Feb 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Original Poster

Cordoba stay or sidetrip

We are visiting granada, then ronda. after we are wanting to go to Cordoba and Seville. We have 5-6 days to visit. both. My question is should we just spend those days in Seville and do a side trip to Cordoba or should we spend a couple of days in Cordoba.
Keeping in mind we will have 2 small children travelling with us.
Thanks, Vic.
Feb 26th, 2009, 01:12 AM

sidetrip to cordoba is best. The mesquita is a fantastic place, even the kids should like it. Sevilla would be a much better place with children. The are horse drawn carriage rides round the city and riverboat trips and plenty of parks etc. Plus much more space and many more restaurants etc. From sevilla a good trip also is carmona a hill top village about20k from sevilla. It has a fantastic Parador where you can go on the terrace for a drink, the views from there go on for ever. You can watch the storks and buzzards catching the thermals and wheeling high in the sky, It also has a very good restaurant
Feb 26th, 2009, 01:20 AM

Tricky, I think Seville is a more modern city and therefore more likley to appeal to kids even though both have carriage rides etc. Cordoba is smaller and more tightly packed in the centre. I stayed in both in small hotels right in the centre and ate in little local restaurants drinking the local wine etc and found Cordoba far more atmospheric in the evening. Given that Spaniards eat late at night and so will you kids (have to I guess) then they might prefer Cordoba.
Feb 26th, 2009, 01:56 AM
car

Vic,
Cordoba is one hour and a half away from Sevilla by car, or 45 minutes by train. I will recomend to stay in one place, Sevilla and do a day trip to Cordoba.
sevilla is bigger and has more to do see than Cordoba.
Feb 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

we are definetly staying in seville for 4 days. just wondering if we should stay in cordoba for 2 days on top, or just add another day to seville and do cordoba as a daytrip.
Feb 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM

I love Sevilla, but lately have been reading more on Cordoba & the things it has to offer as well. Your idea sounds good to me actually.
This website was offered by a Fodorite here I found it interesting.

http://www.cordoba24.info/english/
Feb 27th, 2009, 01:01 AM

I've not yet been to Sevilla having chosen to visit Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba and Granada on my trip to southern Spain. BUT, I loved Cordoba, and, as someone has already said, the centre is very compact and atmospheric at night. I suspect it's a bit like Toledo - best appreciated once the day trippers have disappeared. Then you reap the benefit! Besides, the Mesquita deserves more than one visit.

Having said that, I wasn't travelling with children of any age.

Best wishes.
Feb 27th, 2009, 03:36 AM

I was in that area two years ago and did 4 days in Seville and 2 in Cordoba and was happy with that amount of time. If you only had total 3 or 4 days I'd agree a day trip to Cordoba would be best but if you have or 6 days I'd definitely stay in Cordoba at least one night.

Here's my trip report and link to photos from that trip:
http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...rip-report.cfm