Search

Cordoba patio festival

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2014, 01:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cordoba patio festival

Almost time for Spain!
We are planning to stop in Cordoba on Saturday May 17th on the way from Madrid to Sevilla thanks to Kimhe's tip about the patio festival. .Apparently tickets have to be bought for different zones/areas.Since we will not have time to do more than one or two zones, any suggestions for which area would be better? And where one buys the tickets?
Thanks!
http://patios.cordoba.es/mapas/index/pag/planos
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:44 AM

We have just got our tickets for tomorrow. The tickets are free but you have to apply for them and print them off. I had no idea which zones to select so just chose two randomly.
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

I thought tickets are free for weekdays but there is a charge for the weekend? Where do you buy the tickets from? And please report back on the 2 zones you visit, maybe that will help with my decision. Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:23 PM

Hola

My preference for 2 zones would be the Alcazar and the Juderia. I didn't visit during the patio festival but this is based more on the fact I loved these 2 areas (I didn't have time to see much of anything else though). But I couldn't say if they had the best patios. The patios are lovely but I hope you also allow time to visit the incredible Mezquita.
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:50 AM

We went to the Patio festival today. The two zones I randomly chose we're actually the two given by worldinabag above!
The mornings session (Alcazar) was absolutely packed - we checked out 4 beautiful patios before we decided we'd had enough.
We went to the Mezquita after the morning session - incredible indeed and then the Mercado Victoria market, a gastronomic experience! OMG, the food is divine. We ate a wonderful creation inspired by the Patio festival served in a clay flower pot which you get to keep complete with black dirt on top (local cheese mixed with black vegetable ash) and micro salad leaves on top placed artistically in the 'dirt'. Such a creation!
The afternoon Patio session was much easier to get into (no queues).
The tickets are free on the weekend as well, we just applied for them online and printed them off.
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:58 AM

We went to the Patio festival today. The two zones I randomly chose we're actually the two given by worldinabag above!
The mornings session (Alcazar) was absolutely packed - we checked out 4 beautiful patios before we decided we'd had enough.
We went to the Mezquita after the morning session - incredible indeed and then the Mercado Victoria market, a gastronomic experience! OMG, the food is divine. We ate a wonderful creation inspired by the Patio festival served in a clay flower pot which you get to keep complete with black dirt on top (local cheese mixed with black vegetable ash) and micro salad leaves on top placed artistically in the 'dirt'. Such a creation!
The afternoon Patio session was much easier to get into (no queues).
The tickets are free on the weekend as well, we just applied for them online and printed them off.