Copenhagen public transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could someone with a good knowledge of Copenhagen give me some advice?

Would it be easier to leave our luggage in a locker at the airport and go straight out to the zoo and then return to the airport for luggage and then head to our hotel in Nyhaven OR go from airport to hotel, drop luggage and go to the zoo from there? We are at the Bethel in Nyhaven in June. Didn't know if the metro or bus service would be easier one way or the other.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM

We took the train from airport to Central Station. Easy and inexpensive. I would do that and then either leave luggage there and go to zoo or go from train station to hotel and then to zoo. We walked mostly, easy to do.

We actually used the bus from Central Station to hotel. I had researched carefully and knew which bus #, direction, fare etc. I asked the bus driver when we got on just to be sure. He looked at a us a bit oddly. Imagine our surprise that the stop was the second one after we boarded, about 3 minute ride! Needless to say, we walked to Central Station when it was time to leave
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM

If you go directly to the hotel the metro gets you closer to your hotel than taking the train to centraal station.
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I found a website for transportation in and around Copenhagen as we want to get to the zoo and to Roskilde and to the Karen Blixan museum. If anyone has been to any of those spots and has tips to share, I would be happy to hear them.
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:21 AM

buy the all-day ticket if still available for the whole region around Copenhagen or at least buy strip tickets, if still the same - anyway don't just buy regular tickets without asking about day tickets or strip tickets (multipole use tickets you tick off strips on - porbably been replaced by some smart card now.