Copenhagen -- hotel help

Feb 17th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Copenhagen -- hotel help

We will be visiting Copenhagen in late June 2007 and will need a hotel for 2 nights. We have narrowed our choice to: Sankt Petri, 71 Nyhavn, and Phoenix. Can anyone help with our decision? Thanks.
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM

I stayed at the 71 Nyhavn year before last. It was just after Christmas through New Years, so because of the time of year the Nyhavn area was not as crowded as it will be in the summer, although the couple of days before New Years, it was pretty busy.

We had the breakfast included in our room rate and I loved it. Tons of good stuff to choose from. Again, except for the few days before New Years, the place was not crowded. I have seen posts stating that the breakfast room was really crowded and that could be the case in the summer.

I loved the location of this hotel. Right by the canal, lots of restaurants and cafes and pubs right there, a short walk to the square, metro, and bus and the walking street. I also loved the hotel. Now, here's what I have figured out about the hotel from reading reviews and other posts on Trip Advisor and else where.

How much you like this hotel is going to depend on what part of it your room is in. There is a newer or renovated part that you get to from an elevator on the lobby level. There is another part that you reach from an elevator right outside of the breakfast room. Try to book a room in the new part. I had a wonderful room, large enough for a couch, a desk and a bench and a huge bathroom in marble tile, nice sink area, a tub/shower combo, hair dryer etc. In the older part of the hotel, some of the rooms aren't any bigger than closets..I've seen some pictures posted.

The Nyhavn area should be quite lively in the summer months, and you'll have all that wonderful daylight. The canal should be beautiful with boats and all that and should be very fun. My room at the hotel was on the same side as the hotel entrance that is just off the canal side. It may be quieter than getting a canal view. The building the hotel is in, as all the buildings in the Nyhavn area, is a converted warehouse so the rooms do have fairly low ceilings and lots of support beams. I thought it added to the charm. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. There is a computer in the lobby for checking e-mail etc. There is a charge but I never used it so don't know how much. I would for sure stay at this hotel again, but would want the same room, or to be in the same section as I was last time.
Feb 18th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. I especially appreciate the information about the rooms at 71 Nyhavn!

Search this Thread