cooking class with Lorenza di Medici

Jul 11th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Dee
Original Poster

cooking class with Lorenza di Medici

Does anyone know the web site for Badia a Coltibuona winery. I read on another post that Lorenza di Medici holds a cooking class there. Thanks
Jul 11th, 2003, 08:19 PM
dln

The website is www.coltibuono.com. Ms. Medici used to hold a cooking class there (which had a two-year waiting list!) but no longer does, so you're out of luck on that account. However, there's still other classes, and a restaurant. I hope we have the chance to visit there when we're in Italy--looks like a neat place, and that Tuscany location couldn't be better.

Jul 12th, 2003, 09:04 AM

It is a wonderful restaurant with an outstanding view! Stop at the gift shop near the entrance of the long road up to the Badia. It has many interesting gift items.

My teenage son still talks about having rooster there.

Jul 13th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Dee
Original Poster

Thank you dln for the web site and info.Does anyone have any idea if the classes are forth it or should I try another place?
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:04 PM

Dee, I have not been so can't say if I think the classes are worth it. However, I received information from them saying the Day Cooking Course starts at 10 a.m. At noon there is a guided tour of the abbey, wine cellars, courtyard, etc. At 12:45 p.m. aperitif is srved followed by lunch and a wine tasting. There is a 3 p.m. departure. The price is 148 euro per person. I was turned off by the limited amount of hands-on cooking time (2 hrs.).
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:32 PM

We didn't take any cooking classes but this was the one winery we visited in Chianti last year, due to a personal connection. We loved the wine, the gift shop (some beautiful handpainted ceramics, and tasty food items, like their salsa superpiccante), the friendly people, and the picturesque winery buildings. Also, a very nice drive between there and Siena.