Some great replies.
Sorry I have not replied. I have been busy all week and had not time to think about what you all have said.
Yes I am solo and want to avoid working for my holiday. In other words I would prefer not to deal with the hassle of renting a car, but would do so if necessary. I dislike driving as it is stressful for me especially in an unfamiliar place. I am kind of laid back and do not want to deal with the stress of a car as a solo driver.
I do wish there was an inexpensive tour in Nafplion.
I was looking for a bit of beach experience, history, and Greek authenticity. Some posters on the message board suggested avoiding the islands because they were mostly party beach spots (minus parts of Crete and few sites on other islands (I do not want to knock them) and that doing this circle route would fit the bill).
What do you think of going from:
1 night Athens
1 night Spestes - beach (to avoid the Rick Steves Hydra suggestion)
1 night Nafplion beach
1 night Nafplion to visit Mycenae by bus (maybe Tiryns thrown in here somewhere)
1 night Nafplion to visit Epidaurus by bus (can I get anywhere else this day? i.e. beach-fishing village and get back to Nafplion)
1 Athens return
1 Athens historical sites
1 Athens to Delphi?
What do you all think? Does this work. Can you help me tinker with it to make it perfect.
Also in Nafplion and in Athens can you tell me the exact spot or name where I can catch the buses/boats I need?
Thank you very much for your time one and all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 beware of robbed in Milan
- 9 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 10 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
Some great replies.