Continental Airlines from US to Rome

May 15th, 1998, 06:34 AM
elmo :)

Continental Airlines from US to Rome

Has anyone traveled on Continental from US to Rome? You're experience please. Also, Air France to Rome. Thanks!

May 15th, 1998, 06:52 AM
C. Brown

I flew Continental from Newark to Milan and from Rome to Newark last July and my experience was fine. On both leges of my journey I was on huge relatively new airplanes. The service was good and the flight attendants were competent. Hopefully your experience will be as positive as mine was.

May 15th, 1998, 11:48 AM
elmo

Thanks for the info - sorry about the typo (your)

Jun 15th, 1998, 01:16 PM
Yvonne

Flew Continental from Houston to Paris. The flight crew was very pleasant. The plane appeared to be quite new. Our seats were in the next to last row on the DC-10. Back there there were only four seats in the middle (instead of five) so no one was trapped in the middle seat. They are real good about handing out water. They pass it out as you board, and then almost non-stop until we reached Paris. I'd fly them again with no reservation, well with a reservation but with no hesitation.

Jun 15th, 1998, 07:46 PM
Tom

I haven't flown Continental but I flew their partner airline, Alitala. They fly non-stop to Rome from Los Angeles (and I'm sure many other cities in U.S.) Why wouldn't you want to fly a non-stop if its available...

Jun 16th, 1998, 05:22 PM
clay

I flew CO from Newark to Rome last November. I couldn't complain about the service, and I think Newark is better that JFK. The flight was a code share with Alitalia, and when I called the Alitalia folks to confirm my flight, they practically apologized for the fact that it really wasn't an Alitalia flight, but rather a Continental plane with Continental staff. I can only compare to American from Heathrow and British Air to Heathrow and I give a slight edge to BA because the standard food is better and they tend to be more generous with wine. Some coach seats have foot rests also. If you are also interested in frequent flyer programs, I think American, in association with BA has a good program. I had to wait several months for my Continental-Alitalia code share miles to show up - Continental kept saying that although it was a Continental flite, they had to wait for the miles to be posted by Alitalia.
As far as Air France, I flew the short hop from London to Paris - a flite time of 45 minutes. They served a fresh baguette with salmon filets - Southwest Airlines and Shuttle by United could learn from Air France on their food, BUT the flight was delayed and I finally arrived in Paris almost two hours late - all in all, I would have done better taking the channel shuttle.