Connections at Charles De'Gaulle

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connections at Charles De'Gaulle

I have an hour to make a connection at Charles De'Gaulle and am going from Terminal E to D. I know this can be difficult and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make it simpler/quicker. What is the best way to get from E to D. Bus, Walk, is a train available?

Thank you,

--Paul
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:44 AM

You should definitely walk. There is a shuttle, but it usually takes longer than walking. One hour is cutting it close for a CDG connection, but if you are going onward with the same carrier (or a member of the same alliance), they will often hold the connecting flight or put you on the next one if you miss it. Bonne chance!
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 12:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
E to D is a snap. Maybe a 5-minute walk at most.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you on 1 ticket? If so, don't worry - if you miss your connection, they'll put you on the next available flight.

If it is two separate bookings, you may a problem. D and E are close together, but if there is any sort of hold up - like you plane parking out on the tarmac - you will have trouble making the 2nd flight.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of the information. It's been very helpful. We are one ticket, and we're flying to Turin, so there are other flights that day if we miss the initial one. Am I correct in assuming that it will also help us because our first flight lands in Paris at 6:15 a.m. on Saturday? I would think it should be easier to make a connection at that time.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM

You'll be going through passport control at 2E like you're going into Paris. Ignore all the signs that says connections.

Once you go through passport control, walk to 2D. 2E is on the SE side of the Terminal 2 complex, while 2D is on the NW side. You'll walk through the TGV/RER train station to "crossover" to the north side of the complex. It's not a very long walk.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 05:57 AM

"Wow, the French really do hate us," a comment I overheard while on the shuttle bus which took 40 minutes to change terminals, stopping inexplicably for 15 minutes by the side of a remote area of runway.
Definitely walk if you can figure out the way, in order to avoid the shuttle.
Ellen Craig
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:20 PM

More on the miseries of CDG ...

Just last week, they opened a new satellite terminal that is supposed to make things easier. However, the day after it opened, I took a flight from Paris to Vienna, and the passenger sitting next to me had flown into the new terminal on a flight from New York. He said it was awful. The new terminal is so huge that he got worn out just walking in from the gate, and then he had to take a shuttle to get to the main terminal. On top of that, there were the old familiar CDG problems of inadequate passport-control personnel and miserably slow baggage delivery.

Then -- poor guy -- on his connecting flight to Vienna, which was supposed to leave from Terminal D, we were herded onto a very crowded bus which pulled out onto the tarmac and promptly got stuck in a traffic jam. We sat there for about 10 minutes before the bus got moving again and after a leisurely journey deposited us at our plane, next to Terminal F.

I loathe CDG!