Reload this Page >

Connection Delta to Air France at Paris Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Liv

In September we're flying via Delta from Atlanta to Paris' Charles De Gaulle airport with scheduled arrival at 6:30 AM, and connect to Air France departing 7:30 AM for Venice arriving at Marco Polo at 9:15 AM. In checking recent completed flights Delta has avaraged an early arrival time of 6:15 AM. This gives us only 60 to 75 minutes maximum at De Gaulle to go from Delta to Air France terminals, switch baggage, perhaps pass through customs, and board Air France. Delta and tour agent say this is adequate time, and if delayed, there is a 8:30 AM Air France which it is too late to book now without cancellation penalties on our 7:30 AM tickets. DOES THIS SOUND WORKABLE??? WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AT DE GAULLE AIRPORT???

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 03:47 PM
micia

Run is the only thing I would tell you. <BR> <BR>Actually, you should make it as I would think if people missed it all the time they wouldn't do this type of scheduling. <BR>However, they told my mom the same thing, and she missed her flight to Malpensa. Yes, there are other flights and they will put you on them, but if you are coming to MXP be sure the next flight they put you on is not to Linate. We tried to find out where my mom was and all the confusion between Delta and AF no one would tell us anything. <BR>We waited for hours and many flights and nothing. We went home and my mom called later saying she was in Milan in some place called Linate. <BR>UGH!!! That was far from our house as we don't live in Milan.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 03:53 PM
StCirq

Wel, Delta and AF are partners now, so at least I believe you'll be arriving at Terminal 2, which is closer to the terminal where you'll take off for Venice. Still, when I flew in on AF a couple of years ago and had to make it to a flight to Marseilles about an hour and a half later, it was huff and puff and run like crazy all the way. Of course, part of the problem was that there was a goup of convicts being transported on the same shuttlebus, and the police were moving them on and off before everyone else, and slowly. But still, it was tight! In all probability you'll make it, but why won't Delta agree not to charge you extra if you have to take the 8:30 plane? You mention a "tour agent" - was this arranged as part of a tour? If so, the tour should take responsibility if you miss the flight and not charge you extra.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Liv

IN REPLY TO STCIRQ: We are a family of 6 adults flying on our own with help of local agent and not part of tour group. In March we purchased Delta tickets from Norfolk, VA (near where we live) to JFK, and non stop via Delta to Venice. In July there was a strike or financial troubles with the Norfolk/JFK shuttle service, so Delta rerouted us without notice from Norfolk through Cincinnatti to JFK and on to Venice. This caused additional 4 1/2 hours travel time, so for the same additional hours I requested Delta from Norfolk to Atlanta (where family there can meet during layover), Delta to Paris, and then Air France to Venice as a preference to extended layover in Cincinnatti. I was offered the choice of 7:30 or 8:30 flight out of Paris, and was assured by Delta the 7:30 flight was perfectly OK. Not wanting to spend more time in an airport after 4/1/2 hours was already added to my original March schedule, I accepted the 7:30 flight. Three days later after having concerns about only 1 hour in Paris, I requested the switch from 7:30 to 8:30 departure, but was denied the opportunity to switch without a financial penalty. Sounds complicated, but that's the story with only 2 1/2 weeks before departure!!! Liv [email protected]

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 11:18 PM
Sjoerd

Don't worry. An hour is fine, and if your flight from the US is late, they will just book you on the next available flight. You do NOT have to claim bags at CDG nor do customs there, and you will automatically pass an immigration checkpoint on your way to the departure gate at CDG. <BR>Delta and Air France are together in SkyTeam which should make things even easier. Air France is particularly good at making sure their passengers make the connection. If necessary, a minibus will be waiting for you to get you to the right terminal.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Liv

SJOERD: Thanks for info on Delta & Air France being SkyTeam partners with 2 other major airlines. Its web page Skyteam.com says they provide each other "(1) one stop check in, (2) fast & easy connections, and (3) standardized procedures for efficient service" all of which I will need during the 1 hour. I now will fly & rest easier in & out of Paris!!! Thanks for the help.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Sally

We had a one hour connection (Atlanta- CDG- Venice) at CDG from Delta to Air France. The first plane was on time but it sat on the runway for 30 minutes waiting for another plane to leave the gate, so passengers could not get off the plane. <BR> <BR>Needless to say, we missed our connection. The next plane leaving in an hour that we had been assured we could get on was full. We had to wait for 8!! hours to get another plane to Venice. <BR> <BR>Jet lag sitting on a bench at CDG was not fun, although they gave us two free meals. Of course , our hotel room in Venice was given away, even though I had called to say we would be arriving at midnight. Fortunately the first hotel got us a room at another hotel. The rest of the trip was fine, but not a good way to start it. Now my husband insists that we allow at least 2 hours at CDG!

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Ann

We have a Delta flight that arrives at CDG at 6:30 a.m. and a Air France flight to Florence leaving at 7:15 a.m. Looks like you have 15 more mins. than we have. We were told, however, that we do not need to go through customes in Paris, and there should not be a problem making the 7:15 flight. I have decided not to worry about it.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 12:11 PM
K. Floyd

I was booked on the same type of flights for a trip in October by Delta. My travel agent, who is arranging our cruise from Venice, insisted that i change our departure to the later flight from CDG. He has taken that route a number of times and insists that an hour is not enough. You may make a later flight, but what if your luggage does not? I changed the flight. Good Luck.