With your help on this forum, I've done two ball trips to Vienna-- the first time to Philharmonikerball and Pharmacieball in 2010, and the following year to Blumenball. Now, after seeing my photos, some of my family and friends want to go too, and we are looking at next summer.
The Concordia Ball would be my first choice because of its history and location, but the mid-June timing may not be possible with my work schedule next year. Have you attended the Fete Imperiale, and how does it compare to the other major balls? What is the Flanierkarte, and where is "Stallburg"? Am I reading the website correctly, that the cheapest seats are 280 euros, so with a table seat the Fete Imperiale would cost about as much as the Opernball? http://www.fete-imperiale.at/en/tickets/ What is the price range for table seats at the Concordia Ball?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 The World's Greatest Churches
- 3 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 8 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
Concordia and Fete Imperiale (another Viennese ball question for Molker)