Concerts in Europe

Search

Concerts in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerts in Europe

Any idea on how to search which concerts could we possible catch on our trip to Europe next Sept. 2007?
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Any specific country ?
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
www.whatsonwhen.com
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Various cities in various countries. Ireland (Dublin), England (London, Edinburg, York), Brussels, Holland (Amsterdam) and Germany (Berlin, Munich), at least.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM

What about more specific rock groups like Nine Inch Nails concert etc? We'll be in Germany in the first 2 wks in Sept - and want to see if we can catch a concert. We tried to look in ticketmaster.com, but we had no luck.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
www.nin.com/tour

i Googled "nine inch nails germany" & up popped the Nine Inch Nails concert tour calendar website
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi, edcblue,

You've highlighted a problem I have also faced and not found a solution to.

your best bet is googling eg "opera in Rome" or "rugby in France" and seeing what comes up. also the official web-sites for your destination should be able to give you a link, or respond to an e-mail.

If you find a web-site that does actually draw al lthe threads together, please let us all know!

regards, ann
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM

suze, what a great website--thanks for passing it on
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM

There's no straightforward answer. whatsonwhen works at too high a level, especially in places like London or Paris where there's far, far more on than it can cope with. Or even in Edinburgh (note spelling) which isn't in England, but where its (independent from England's for far, far longer than America's have been) courts require instant, painful, public execution for anyone saying it is.

What you have to do is use the main web site for the city (in Britain, www.edinburghguide.com, www.timeout.com/london, www.whatsonyork.com) note the venues that appeal, then look at their web sites.

www.timeout.com is almost infallible on London. It's also a useful, not at all comprehensive, but practically the only pan-European, guide to a pretty large slug of music venues in Europe's secondary cities like Paris and Berlin.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM

check out www.pollstar.com. it should allow you to check most places.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM

I used edcblue's website to get a general idea of which bands will be touring in Europe, and then used the International Ticketmaster to get more details info on the bands: http://www.kartenhaus.de/

I also found this website that sells all sorts of tickets for all sorts of events, but found the prices to be a little bit more pricey than Ticketmaster:
http://www.euroteam.info/subevent.asp?event=Concerts
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:14 AM
jamiesmom

thank you h2babe. kartenhaus is very useful.

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 05:37 AM

We have been a few times to Le Settimane Musicali di Stresa

http://settimanemusicali.net/sms/en/home
As well as good concerts, they are held in some beautiful venues e.g. Isola Bella
Salone degli Arazzi

They lay on a special boat and it looks great with everyone dressed beautifully.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 06:31 AM

Every EU country unfortunately has their own agency for concert-tickets.

For the Netherlands; www.ticketmaster.nl

Most concerts in the Netherlands (from the bigger artists) are in Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

For Germany; www.getgo.de

Otherwise; check the websites of your favourite bands. Most of the time they will have a concert-callendar.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:11 AM

TommieG, I wonder what the difference(s) are, between the site I had and the one you recommended??? Any ideas? The ticket prices are similar, but different.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 02:21 AM

As far as I can see (by clicking on the 'international' link on the upper-right-corner on 'your' website)is Ticketmaster an internation company, with websites in different countries. 'My' website is the Dutch-version.

I think that it is possible to book all the concerts through the main-site; www.ticketmaster.com. But this site starts with the US-events. Perhaps you don't see the Dutch events directly, or the Dutch artists??
Also it could well be possible that prices differ some between the different local sites. As you can somtimes see on the price-tages of clothes in Europe 'prices may differ due to economical differences and VAT'.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 02:54 AM

Hi edcblue,

Now I wonder what you mean by "concerts" - cos I immediately assumed you meant classical music, but other posters have seen it differently.

Either way, I empathise.

It isn't easy to get info so far in advance and sometimes decisions about where to go, or when to be there, hang off that info.

I've found it immensely frustrating.

I think it depends a little on whether going to a concert is a "nice to do" or whether you would be devastated to know you missed something you would really have loved to see because you weren't there - AND COULD HAVE BEEN.

If you are in the latter category then get ready to spend serious time on the net. Take a list of ensembles you know about and search for their websites; take a list of venues you know about and search for their websites.

I can't remember when the Proms finish. ditto the Edinburgh festival. But they are two search arguments you could try.

Cheers
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:21 AM

For Brussels, go to the Fnac website (Fnac is a French chain of music/bookstores that sell tickets online for most concerts, shows, etc.):
http://be.fnacspectacles.com/recherc...ercheDetail.do

Then next to "Thèmes" select "Musique/Concerts", and next to Ville, type "Bruxelles". Enter your dates next to "Période du ... au " in DD/MM/YYYY format, and then click Recherchez.
The results will list all the concerts for that period in Brussels. If you leave the period fields blank, you'll get several pages of results listing all the forthcoming concerts in the city.

There's probably not much listed yet for September, but if you keep checking you should be able to find out what's on when you are there.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 03:27 AM

If you're interested in opera,try www.operabase.com.

If you might be in Edinburgh before 3rd Sept you could catch the last couple of days of the International Festival - www.eif.co.uk. I booked my tickets on Thursday as soon as the programme was out, although it's a poor year for my tastes.