Oia, Santorini - book now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry this post sounds familiar - couldn't find my last one and I'm eager for feedback.
Planning on 2 nights in Oia in September. I'm anxious about it being overly crowded from the 'Olympic leftovers'. Should I book the Traditional House now? Book the flight now too? I so will appreciate any nerve calming advice!
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:42 PM

Click on your screen name and you will find your posts.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:09 PM

By the 3rd week of September, even in Oia, you won't have any trouble finding a room. You can even wait until you get there if you're feeling a little spontaneous. There will be plenty of rooms available for walk-ins.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM

So my question is if you know where you want to stay and the dates you're going why would you wait to book? Book now -- I agree that Greece may be busy due to the Olympic "leftovers" so I would suggest not waiting. I would also suggest booking your inter Greece flights (if you're planning on flying rather than travelling by ferry). Olympis Airways flights to Santorini fill up quickly and you may find yourself without a flight if you wait too long.

September is still classified as "high season" in Greece so my advice is -- if you know what you're doing, book it.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:31 PM

So my question is if you know where you want to stay and the dates you're going why would you wait to book? Book now -- I agree that Greece may be busy due to the Olympic "leftovers" so I would suggest not waiting. I would also suggest booking your inter Greece flights (if you're planning on flying rather than travelling by ferry). Olympic Airways flights to Santorini fill up quickly and you may find yourself without a flight if you wait too long.

September is still classified as "high season" in Greece so my advice is -- if you know what you're doing, book it.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 07:37 PM

September 2004 is rated as a super-high season:
-Just after the Olympics start the Parolympics

-Large numbers of locals, like the civil servants,volunteers etc..(on duty during the Olympics) have been asked by the Authorities to postpone and plan their holidays for the end of September and october.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

OK thanks for re-affirming my instinct. Will go ahead with the reservations now, afterall, with a name like rookie, travel spontaneity is yet to be learned.